Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school? I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble. But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them. And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.
So for my story to write let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer. Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story. But not this time.
Jeanie's been having focal seizures. We don't know when they started. All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with.
After one particular scary MRI, we were told we wouldn't get results till after the weekend. This was a test that I was especially curious about and was hoping to hear back as soon as possible. But before the test, we had prayed long and often about how scared we were and about normal results. She was scared of the unknown. I was scared about the results. At the time of the test I felt at peace and God kept us all capable of being calm. So when we were told to expect a four-day wait for results we were at peace.
Before all this came about though, Jeanie had been praying for a puppy. Especially the house dog variety. And we had told her that wasn't an option until school was out. But still....
So the test was in the evening and we had two hours home. It was cold and dark when we got home. As we got into the house my phone pinged from Boys Town Nuerology! The kids were in the living room looking over a pile of loot Jeanie had acquired from all the ones who cared and loved on her with gifts " for being brave for her test". I clicked into the site and there were the test results. It was a brief letter saying the results were normal. I was amazed. I dug deeper and read more and every single thing I had been worried over was written down and listed with Results: Normal. Over and over again!
So I looked at the kids all warm in the living room oblivious to my amazement and decided I needed to tell Matt first. I found him outside feeding the animals. But I heard a squeaking puppy noise back in the dog pen. Turns out Lyla had puppies while were were gone! We didn't know she was having puppies but God did. Within five minutes time God had answered our prayers with a normal test result and puppies for Jeanie! The puppies are not house dog variety but they have filled the space of playing with puppies and proof that God hears Jeanie's prayers.
I'm glad I have a God who is alive and well and active in the life of that girl of mine.
Comments