Skip to main content

A few things...

Okay, I have a whole pile of pictures I'm going to post one of these days.

In the mean time....a few more questions to add to my last post....



1. What do people mean when they say things like, " He/she spoke peace/ blessing/ love/truth or whatever into my heart? How does one get truth spoke into ones heart by another person? Okay, now I expect to hear someone defend themselves for saying this or else clarify to me why it sounds so off the wall......no reading this w/out some input!



2. What else? I was asking about what does it mean to have deeper relationship w/ God. So everyone said ya that's a good thing to desire. Here's my thought. You either have a relationship w/ God or you don't. So then who decides if it's a deeper relationship than....see how can you know? Can you compare? That won't work because God doesn't work like that....putting us on brackets of who is most spiritual. The only way you can use the term in having a deeper relationship w/ God is to look back and see in YOUR OWN relationship w/ God what you have. So then anyhow, I think it's not so much about "deeper" relationship w/ God so much as a solid, continuing on thing. So many christians keep hopping from one thing to the other "seeking that deeper" relationship. And I just had to clarify all this in my mind. I guess I'm looking more for solid, strong, and sure and TRUTH.....I'm not tiggery enough to keep hopping and bouncing and looking for the next high.

3. I was looking at one of the bigger name ministries' web pages online and I came upon their statement of faith....it all sounded pretty good till we got down toward the end and it mentioned salvation through the spirit. Does anyone have a definition for that? ....or maybe I misread.......

Okay, see you next week w/ pictures of harvesting and a day w/ Matt and the boys.....

Comments

Shilah Writes said…
well, you could always make your phylacteries wider and tassles longer to be seen of men... That's what came to mind because I was just studying Jesus teachings on that subject in Matthew 23. Jesus has a lot to say about our love of titles and displaces honors. Jesus is really smart! He needs to be the one exalted not a mere person and that is what I find wrong with a person saying things like that so glibbly. Who do we think we are anyway? True greatness comes from humbleness of heart and adoration for God. He is the One who deserves titles and honor! Amen!
Dru said…
Well, I read it and I only want to comment on #1 (you said I had to). Hasn't anyone ever given you the lift you need in your day by something they said? Like given you a verse that God can use to dispell doubt--or something like that? I think that that's just a fancy way of saying, "So-and-so gave me a lift today."
-Lisl
Jenn said…
You and a few other close friends have spoken truth/love, etc. into my life diff. times....when I have fretted about whatever situation and you reminded me of TRUTH, or by digging out of me what needed to be expressed....I think some people are just more "aware" and discerning than others, and it seems like I am blessed with a few good friends like that. I wish I were more like that.
When I think I want my relationship with God to go deeper, I mean I want to become more Christlike. Sacrificing my wants for His wants. Joyfully, not grudgingly....so it becomes like breathing, not because I am "trying" so hard!
amyjane30 said…
So maybe it's just a play on words...
Here is my thought. When someone is an encouragement to me through his words, would it not be better for me to say,"God has spoken truth to my heart through you". That way God gets the credit and in reality only God's spirit can put Truth or Peace, ect. into ones heart. Did that make sense everyone?
Wanda said…
#1-yes, I was thinking along the line of encouragement, too.
#2 for me, having a deeper relationship with Gpd means I'm not where I wanna be. In other words, I want to be more aware of His presence in my life, to turn to Him first when I'm in trouble...growing, becoming more Christ-like.
#3 it sounds strange and a bit twisted perhaps?...
Reading your blog is so fun! Even tho' I haven't been with you in ages, you write like you talk, and I love it..and miss you!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....