Skip to main content

Picture Post

I put these pictures on completely backwards but I'm going to leave it. These first ones are of our weekend with Curt & Evelyn and there fun daughter Miranda. We had an amazing good time and so encouraging time with them! The kids played so well together....we ate good food and played hard and even got in some good chats. Somehow the nights got late enough w/out trying. I wish I could have been more organized and had my kids in bed sooner so we could have had more late night talks but life isn't doing that for me right now!
We spent all day Saturday at the zoo. We took in the carousel ride and the new gondola ride and skipped the train ride this time.


Here are the ones who blessed us w/ their humor and stories and down to earth time w/ us....nothing like someone who's real and willing to share and care!!!

I took this picture when I was scared scared....I was w/ Keagan on my bench and it was slippery and he was telling me how fun it was way up high....and I was scared he was going to slip off....



They're watching the penguins....


The next pile of pictures are of some of the good times we've been having with Mikes around.

The other Saturday evening they helped us crank some homemade ice cream. It actually turned out and I thought it was VERY good....that's from one who doesn't really care about ice cream!

A tiny portion of the millions of eggs on this little chicken farm!

I was trying my hand at homemade yogurt. I am using a recipe from Esther....It's really good and really easy to make....







One Sunday we took a tramp through the woods w/ Mikes and Company.....This was on the way home.


Mud boots and a muddy creak and kids to play in it = Lots of dirty fun!



Looking down at the dirty creek.....Nebraska lacks in clear streams and spring flowers in the woods. :(


He's a really good hunter I'm sure...at least in his imagination!

The little Monkey ....

Comments

Shilah Writes said…
Thanks Amy, was so great to see the pictures of you and yours. I sure do wish you could squeeze in a visit to your sisters house in Idaho. Shilah
Jenn said…
Enjoyed your pics. Our kids loved the carousel ride at the zoo last week too; I think that was actually the highlight for them! We got to see/pet a giraffe up close and personal....zoos are fun for the Mommies and Daddies cause you get to watch your children enjoy it all....
Troy & Sharon said…
Loved all the pics of your life. All good, but the last one is the best! :-) ~Sharon
Arla said…
What a fun variety of pictures.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....