Skip to main content

Encouragement of my week:

Here's a short paragraph from my Sunday School lesson on Sunday that was written just for me this week:
"God's power begins when man's power is finished. The sinner who wants to have the righteousness of God revealed in his life, must realize that he cannot save himself. He must die to himself and let the power of God work in his life. Righteousness cannot be obtained through struggle(works) but through surrender to the Lord Jesus."
So in shoe leather for me, this applies to how I run my life...how I train my boys....how I be a wife.... So much of the time I find myself feeling and thinking how I'm not winning. About how will my boys ever turn out? How will I ever catch up on my house and home? But my struggle for perfection and power and getting it ALL done and done good and right is to no avail when I'm struggling or doing works in that frame of mind. "God's Power begins when man's power is finished!" I so needed that reminder.
So I've been thinking this, and working on this, and coming to this but here it is written out for me, what my brain and heart have been trying to put into words to live out. So my challenge or resolve is to surrender my boys to God. Surrender my agenda for my home and my life to God.
You know, how many times does a person do this in life? One would think that surrender only has to happen once, since it's such a big hard task. But no, God asks it of us how many times and in how many ways all the way through life?
Blessings to all of my friends who read this and are working on character development and surrender to God too! And may God's Power Begin....So help me God to not get in the way!

Comments

Sharon said…
Thanks Amy. YES! It's so easy for me to see a flaw in my or my children's lives and come up with ideas to fix it, and get discouraged.... you know. And God probably helped me see them so I would turn to him for help, and here I am trying to do it myself... ACK!

So Thanks again. You're an encouragement.
Shilah Writes said…
Amen! A place of rest too; this surrender stuff... Shilah
Jenn said…
Thanks, I need this kind of reminder often!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....