We were honored to have these two couples at our house last evening for three kinds of pizza and rook and talk and laughs and chats and lots of baby cries.
I had lots of fun with Lisl and Jenny yesterday. They went to town with me and I just loved the chatter with them. Then they came to my messy house an hour later and helped me make pizza and salads. Our Pizza was fantastic if I do say so myself! Matt was chef of the grilled one. Jenny taught me how to do her famous Pizza Rolls. And we made one normal oven pizza.
The kids LOVED Jube and of course Gwen. (They think they own Jenny and Gwen). I loved watching all of them playing together.
Then today we all went to my little dirty lake I found. It was hot and dirty and refreshing. How ever that can be! But we all got sun kissed and felt so good to have water and sun to play in.
And most of all I think it's great fun to have my nieces catching up to my spot in life. They're both doing a excellent job of mothering and being a wife. Somehow I can tell that their mom is definitely my sister! It's just fun. Can't explain it. Balm to my soul I guess!
And for the benefit of all the ones who are prejudice to these two babies....I like how pleasant and smiley Gwen is and then when she's not she looks right through you in her Graber fashion.....And I get a big kick out Jubes letting people know just what he thinks. He has a great little yelper to say he wants something. And a fearsome glare if you don't jump when he says jump. They're both rather special. And I know...Great Aunts know these things! :)


Comments