Alot has been posted already about this reunions so I'll try not to be too boring. I just wanted to thank everyone for such a good time. There were so many little spots of things happening and people making it happen and it's hard to get around to everyone to thank them. But a few things that I noticed but never got to say thanks.....
~To Ryan and Geneva for your delicious grilled chicken. It was absolutely wonderful.
~To the guys who fished all those good fish and whoever fried it...it was delicious too!
~And Evie and Shilah for going out and playing softball with the kids. Wish I was not quite so big so I could've helped! :)
~Dad and Mom for actually supporting this reunion so that it actually happened! :)
~All the people that helped with the kitchen work. ( But next time lets hire cooks?)
~ The girls that slept in the kitchen...thanks for waking up and helping clean up and wipe up before we got to the real work every morning.
~Sharon for taking some us to a rather nice garage sale.... I found three treasures!
~ The very nice singing on Saturday night...it had been a long time since a mixed group of people sat around and sang just for FUN!
~ Thanks Ivan and whoever else for helping us set out tent up both times!
~And Thanks for the one fun chance I got to visit with a bunch of us girls out at the picnic table....wish I could've sat there longer with you all.
~ And it was amazing to see how fast the clean up went....
~Thanks Eric for hosting us....And sharing your house with us all when we needed the oven and shower.
~ Sunday morning was very special especially how dad shared the salvation story so well with the grandkids. I always remember why he gets so overwhelmed at the thought of Jesus on the cross for our sins.....He once had a very vivid dream of Jesus hanging on the cross and looking down at him and telling dad He loved him and died for him.
~I love the picture clark took of Dad and Mom praying together for us all up there. I would like that picture framed and the one of them standing in Lake Michigan that Arla took. We need both pictures framed and used at the 50th anniversary celebration in 2012.
~In the Sunday morning service I noticed the songs Ivans picked were the ones that use to get sung at the Ben Skrivseth reunions....and the aunts could never get through the song "We have this moment". They always cried in it.
~I'm glad Norvan and a few others kept even keeled and not too emtional Sunday morning because it was highly teary already! But they were good tears!
~ So thankful Evie was there. Praying for God to work a miracle in Lelands heart. And for God to protect the hearts of their kids and Evie from the rank Evil. God save every one of them!
Comments