Skip to main content

Visitors

Look what came to see us yesterday! Our dear golden retriever had this thing treed right outside our back garage door. Matt took care of it with his little black gun and the dog won't touch it now. Are groundhogs in the same category as moles? He won't eat the moles he chases up either.
This lady isn't a visitor really. But she's been sleeping at our house for the last week and being my wonderful helper. We haven't got alot of house work done as in deep cleaning but I sure needed the encouragement of another soul in the house....Baby blues haven't overtaken as badly thanks to her! We've been sewing and laundry and just doing our days. It's been quite nice having her here. Thanks Frances. Tonight we're going to the pond for a picnic and then hopefully tomorrow we'll go to Seward and walk the main street and do the thrift stores and antique shops. And then I have to give her up.
Here is our newest precious. My boys are in love with him and he moved into our lives and hearts like it was no big deal. He fits in our family just perfect. I was looking at Matt's baby pictures on Sunday and this baby looks very exactly like some of those pictures. Kind of fun!
I love these little toes...
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Arla said…
Poor Franki, now she's being grouped with a ground hog. Maybe it IS time to get her home to us! :)
Charlotte said…
Love the feet picture.
David said…
Yes, he does fit right in. So Precious!
Lisl said…
I want the groundhog--I mean Francis, if you all are done with her. I keep thinking about whenever I have another baby and how I'll have Francis here and how we'll get her here and what room I'll put her in, etc. I really don't think it's fair that...never mind, you get the picture.
amyjane30 said…
I'm sorry Lisl. I was really hoping that Charlotte got all the help and attention she needed too. I feel quite blessed and selfish. I hope I let everyone know how exceedingly thankful I was/am. And Jenny was so kind to share her with me too. I think Jenny probably missed her more than anyone. So thank you Jenny and Francis and Lisl and Charlotte and Arla!!! Oh and Amy! I loved hearing Frances and Amy talking on the phone! Hope you all have a really good refreshing weekend in WI.
Unknown said…
Thanks for stopping by my blog.... I enjoyed yours :) You have a handsome little family of boys. I can only imagine the energy that goes with it :).
Wanda said…
Aww! That lil boy is a keeper, for sure!
Shilah Writes said…
Oooh Amy, I'm wailing... I finally get to see your new precious. I can't wait to see him in real life. How perfect. gush gush gush.... OK I'm good, Shilah

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....