Skip to main content

Our Idaho Christmas in Pictures

We started our trip out with seeing all our friends right away.  On our way to Idaho we spent a night in Helena, Montana and got to spend a whole evening with Curt and Evelyn and Miranda.  The kids played hard and we talked fast.  Good time.  The next day we stopped in Thompson Falls and had lunch with Wendell and Lisa. It's always good to see them. Lisa's one of those new friends that is so easy to talk with.  Our kids acted like perfect strangers though. That evening after getting to Idaho, we took in the school program.  Zerrick liked seeing his cousins in their school program.  The next day we settled in at Bruces and relaxed.  On Sunday the family all got together at Dad and Moms for lunch.  That was one of the only days with Daytons. And I didn't take any pictures.  That evening the chorus there did a program.  Matt and I really enjoyed that!  They did a very nice Christmas program....I'd love to hear it again! And two of my nephews were in it. That makes me feel old!
 Monday evening Shilah hosted a beautiful Christmas supper with all our old tried and true friends. 
 Maybe a not so nice picture but lovely time talking with these good good friends. 
 And the guys seem to not mind...the talk in there section of the house seemed to go on quite well...
 April's little joke!  Jemima Ruth
 Kristy and my fat chubbs. Chase and Mathias are 2 1/2 weeks apart in age. My boys are pretty close to her boys in age and they all get along pretty good.  Zerrick really likes Jasper and Tate and Keagan seem to get along well too.  I love that.
 This was the central hot chocolate station several times a day...whenever they'd get in from playing on the hill.
This is Queen Shanti.  I love her. 

 A very zoomed in picture of the hill
 These guys were talking to him and comparing toe sizes. 
 On their way in...
 I love this picture of Shilah.  We lived in luxury those five nights at her house.
 Keagan didn't get to play out in the snow much but he loved it the times he did go out.
These two play hard together and fight hard together.  I think they still love each other?

 Mathias and Jemima.....Someday they'll get along too!
 One of my favorite pictures of Mathias.  He's getting fatter and fatter.  Shall I put him on a diet?
 Once upon a time we went on a wagon ride being pulled by a red tractor that Dad fixed up....the ride was going along nicely when....
 We gutzed out going up a hill on glare ice.  There was nothing to do but to helplessly watch ourselves slip back down the hill. And of course the wagon jack knifed and .....
 We stopped at the bottom of the hill and got out and watched ....

 They got it turned around and back we went to other neighboring houses.   That was a highlight of the trip!
 We spent the last 6 nights at Dad and Mom's.  Mom did my laundry for me every day.  She had drawers emptied upstairs for us to unpack into. She was ALWAYS making good food and holding my babies and made me feel like a little girl again....no responsibility and secure.  It was lovely.  Thanks mom!
 We did a little gift thing with them on Christmas day. 
 Here are our treasures....Thanks Dad!
 Zerrick found a comfortable place to listen to a story on his mp3.
 We spent Christmas day at Norvans.  Lovely times....snow and hills for the kids

 Good conversation....
 Sam and Kaitlyn helped the kids with skis and boards..
 Some of us had naps.:)
 Some of us didn't....:(
 Laife trying out the board.  He did good!
 Settlers of America...
 Take one...
 April's thinking hard... Sharon's telling Ellie to be good...
 Mummy making went on too!
One of his b- day gifts....

And that's all.   Now I can get to posting about life that goes on here now that we're home.  See you later!

Comments

Arla said…
Pretty impressive Christmas!! Thanks for sharing it.
Charlotte said…
"Some of us had naps, some of us didn't..." (Giggles)
Francis Cross said…
Goodness, that Mathias is getting huge! He was a tiny little thing last time I saw him:) Wish I could give him a hug, you guys need to come visit us.
That nap on Christmas day is getting to be tradition for someone....I have a pic of him a few years ago...:) I love your pictures..
made me miss....oh never mind! ireally loved the post!
Shilah Writes said…
Ok so where was I when the tractor ride happened? Where is that anyway? You get a fun time where ever you go..
Wanda said…
Your family gatherings look quite familiar. Even down to the choice of games...it was Settler's and take one for us again this year.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....