Skip to main content

Home


There is this one guy in my life who got these for me!  I'm SO very thankful for my man...  
I've been reading this book lately.  Home comforts: the art and science of keeping house [Book]  It's got all the answers to homekeeping that I've needed for ever so long.    Now maybe next time you come as an overnight guest you won't feel so unkept....for I shall have it all put together and we will be living quite an orderly lovely functioning life!   Har Har!  But it is a good book and I went and ordered two of them.  One for me and one for the next lucky person to have a bridal/house shower.   
   I dream of a house where everything has a place and everything is in it's place.  I dream of having the basics for groceries always on hand because I was such an efficient shopper the week before.  I dream of cooking a nice basic meal every day ...foods that are normal foods...a balanced diet from all the food groups. I dream of closets that have a method to them.  Closets that I don't mind having no door on them.  I dream of having only 5 toys in the house(rather unrealistic with three boys).  I dream of having a method to my laundering....getting it through the wash and folded and put away and ironing done in 4 hours time...once per week....(I know that will never happen). 
    But more than just house keeping I dream of going to bed knowing I did what I could at keeping up our life here on earth in a good way.  And then the biggest thing....knowing I have done all I can to nurture these boys' hearts and guide them through the tough questions of life.  They're little I know that.  And they tell me the questions just get harder.  But I think that's a cop out....if I can't help them face the monsters when they're little then who WILL help them face the monsters when the questions get big?  I say lets get the monster out of the closet and chase the monsters away NOW.  And then we might have the where with all to face the bigger stuff later on!    So I pray for wisdom.  And I say only by the grace of God go I.....

ps.  I shall stop editing now...just overlook the mess of my grammar and spelling!

Comments

Arla said…
Never give up. You're on the right track.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....