Skip to main content

Voices....

I have been thinking about so many voices.....Do you know what I'm talking about?  There are people yammering away all the time all over the earth.  Talk Talk Talk.....   I think it's our day and age.   Was there so much communications available 30 years ago?  Back then there wasn't fb and blog spot and xanga and cell phones were just in the works.  Email is new.  We live in a time where instant gratification is the norm.  And I should be happy.  I love feedback.  I like words.  I like talk talk talk.  But I wonder.  Are all these talk/ voices/ communication all good?  I don't doubt that we can be a great edification to each other and make this stuff work good for us.  I'm sure that's what the verse in the Bible is advising us when it says we are to edify....at least this could be part of it.  So I can look at this like here is my opportunity to edify  even more than back when snail mail was the norm and when each house hold might have had just one phone.  Now we all have cell phones. One for each person in the house...not yet in our house though.
   So we've had overnight guests the last week or so.  The one guest and I were talking (and I like that we could talk for REAL...much nicer than virtual stuff) and she was talking about wondering if being away out where there aren't a lot of people if it makes one unbalanced.  Like as a mom.  We get so awfully tired and mom brained.  And it's awfully easy to question ones self and wonder if we're training our kids right...if we're obeying our husbands....if we're encouraging and being the voice that makes for happiness and joy and peace.    So in cases like these.  Do the millions of voices help us be balanced or do they just help us make balanced decisions.  Should one not google so that they can stay blissfully ignorant?!:)  Ya, I don't think that really either.  Information is good for the most part.  I just have to wonder....how to sort out all this information/ communications/ virtual relationships. 
    I think a little more quietness wouldn't hurt in the effort to sort.  And I think a lot more prayer in the same effort.  And a lot more direction directly from the Bible.   And I think a lot more of a listening heart on my  part....not so much of the yammering on a point. Like a dog gnawing on a bone.....pretty soon the bone gets about gone and there's no good left in it.  Kind of like this post............:)   Have a fine day! 

Comments

Jenn said…
I hear you! Whenever I can get outside by myself for a good walk in the quiet country side I feel so refreshed....away from all the clamor. Seems as if I can "hear" God better then, too.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....