Well Arla and Judy both wanted to hear about what all I found at Garage Sales. But first I should tell you. I started my day with 101$. Not too bad really. Matt found this money for me in the glove compartment of the van one day when we were on our way home from somewhere....and he stuffed it in my wallet and we never counted to see how much it was. So that was a good start. Then at the very first garage sale I saw this:
Beth and I saw it at the same time and I was rather piggish...I told her that I get it because she has lots of bikes around her place. She was really kind about it. She's always so sweet when I get blunt like that! So anyhow, I then said I wasn't going to pay 10 $ for it though. So I asked the lady how much and she said 5$! I was so very happy....I like when garage sales actually sport garage sale prices. So I got this treasure(did you notice it has a bell on it?) and felt pleased as punch. Well, then I got back in the car and got to thinking...I forgot that one other wad of money....so I dug in my bag and found that and I came away from the sale with just as much money as I thought I had in the first place! So that was a fun mind game. :)
So for the rest of my day I found clothes for me and the boys. and toys and stuff...here's pics
| These were the toys. A Leap Pad with two books, books and baby toys.. |
| A tool pouch for the boys |
| shoes for the boys |
| a tripod for me |
And that's not all but I have to tell you this part yet. With my 112 dollars I bought all these treasures and more and ate lunch out and paid for my part of gas and indulged in a White Mocha and Vanilla Bean Scone from Starbucks. And I think I had over 20 dollars left over. So I was happy. And so I took the boys out to DQ on the way home. And we had a fine time all day fixing the worlds problems. Next year I think we should hire a bus so we can all ride in one vehicle and fit in more stuff.....well, maybe not a bus. Anyhow, There you go Arla and Judy. :)
Comments