Skip to main content

Life Catch Up ~ In Picture Form

1st cousins....5 months apart in age.  Rebecca tells Keagan he needs to obey her because SHE'S older! :)  He reminded me today again that he does not have to obey her!  He likes her anyhow...he begs to stop in at "Reebecca's" house when ever we drive by.



Discussing deep things of life like kitties and how they should be treated....


Never mind if you can't see to fix the tire dad..

This is our bug man. 

What kind of bug is it? 

What did the bug man collect in here? 

This!  He came in the house with something pocketed in the bottom of his t-shirt.  He said" Guess what I have this time mom?!"  He was jittery with excitement.  So he put it in here...

And it tried to hop out at Mathias....which made him cry.  And then it got taken outside in the sun and we left for town.  When we got home it was scorched.  I'll have to teach the bug man to not torture his catches so badly! :)

This was on one of his late night goofy playing excursions.....

He likes to party after the boys are tucked in....maybe because he knows he's got ALL of his dad's attention?

Maybe this will bring back a fond memory for my mom?  His reason for being up here was to figure out why the fridge was making pop noises....

This is for Billy Boy.....She can indeed bake a cherry pie...in this case it was raspberry and pumpkin....and it was AMAZING.  Alas for Billy Boy she's only 15.  Little Amy came and pulled me from the depths of despair a few times in the last month.  Thanks Amy. 

A bug barn for the bug man.  And here they are watching four bumble bees.  Right now the bug barn is filled with caterpillars....many of them...some dead and some alive. 
I thought maybe my Parents would enjoy seeing me and mine again.  It's been ten months since we've been there. 

Comments

Charlotte said…
Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend! :)
Arla said…
Yeah, Little Amy is gonna come home and get ME out of the depths of despair and stay home for a looooong time. You guys can't have her for awhile, she's mine! Don't forget it!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....