Skip to main content

Success

I have decided I'm sick of fb statuses that write out their successful finished to do lists.  Why don't they post about their unsuccessful to do lists?  And why are all these moms who are in baby stage like I am, telling all fb world about every little thing that happens in their household?..(I personally hate hearing about who's kid is puking today) .  Now on a blog...I understand these things for the most part. But I still don't like the feeling of being an unsuccessful person because I didn't get my list gone through.  Besides that, what is their life really like for real?  I think we're all normal, and striving to do our best.  But please don't be saying you got the laundry through and the kids done with their school work and the bread baking and the floors scrubbed and the pot bleached ....and that all done by the time I get my sorry self out of bed!      :)  So anyhow, if I were brave and courageous that would be my fb status today!     ha ha!!!    Love you all anyhow.  Just trying to not feel so unsuccessful!  :)
    So having said all that, let me now commence to telling you all what I've been doing and make you think that I have it all together too!  First of all, I have finally gone through the basement and gotten most of the summer grease and baking smells out. We now have a living room space complete with two living room chairs, a toy box, and a treadmill all in that cozy living spot. And beyond the curtain we have a school room where school really is happening.  That's another success story for another paragraph.  My bakery kitchen is cleaned up and I have my sewing projects set up in there now and all the toys and clothes line are in the other little room with a door that I can shut and forget about....until Zerrick says, "I don't have any jeans."  And then I remember that I never folded the clothes that have been hanging up down there for 4 or 5 days.  So much for my success stories.
    Matt took me to Lincoln with him tonight.  Without the kids.  They stayed at Gabes.  They said Mathias was very sober the whole time.  Well, he wasn't the rest of the night.  He partied till 11 giggling and talking and thinking he was very cute. In Lincoln we shopped at two stores, ate at Fazoli's and went through the Starbucks drive through for a White Mocha.  It was raining the whole time and dark....but it was nice to be with Matt for 3 hours.  I did have this thought of somehow accidentally throwing the droid out the window into the rain and the dark and gleefully cackling over my wrong.  But I never did it.....you see I am always in competition with that droid.  :(
    We are leaving for Idaho this weekend!  Doesn't that sound wonderful?  But first we're stopping in Montana to see some dear other people.  So looking forward to that too!  So for the sake of success stories and keeping up with all the other bloggers that get it all done in a day I will brag about how I have only to sew and mend and pack and do school for the rest of the week.  And it will be so easy and oh whatever.
   About school. I have an eight year old boy.  And eight year old boys are strong and intelligent but still forget what all they're capable of...and mine likes to shirk his duties.  So we're working on it.  But I love how he's actually learning....He's so much more confident. He's not guessing.  He's comprehending and getting good grades.  He's still quite sloppy but he's accurate.  That's important to me.
   I found the coolest app on our  tablet by samsung.  It's a little art page where Keagan can draw pictures with his fingers.  And change the size of the pen and color of his pen and erase it all or get a new page.  It's rather a neat thing for him to do while Z is learning.  He's also liking the animal dominoes and the memory games and Curious George games.  And he likes the stories from Pablo Yoder's big picture book the work of his fingers or some such title.
   And in the scope of things.  When I'm not really very successful and I'm not abounding in Joy I still have to say that I wouldn't do life any other way. Even if I could.  Because the man God gave to me has been the best gift and better than what I could have ever just "found". And the boys God has given me are a part of us   that make us grow wiser everyday.( I hope).  And when all around me there are so many folks who are getting it all together and are always so very joyful and complete, and I wonder where I got off track at. I will remember that in reality they never got to that point because they just did.  They had to go through the realities of life too and learn and find that peace and joy that only comes from experience and growth and trust in Jesus just the same way I am learning it.  So there is therefore now no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus.  Who walk not after the flesh( fear and comparing and whatever it is) but who walk after the spirit!  So I keep on....
            Have a good week and see you in Dec! :)

Comments

Arla said…
I enjoyed this post, Amy.
Lisl said…
Amy,I named Dru's cell phone. I call it Black Bertha. And the name seems to have stuck to some degree. I've contemplated hiding it and not telling him where it is for a long time--sometime when I want him and the rest of the world can go stick their heads in a snow bank. (And snow is a long ways from here.) But anyway, now I know I'm not the only one in competition with her husbands cell phone.
Anonymous said…
I love this post. You are keeping it real. Although I am rejoicing today because I actually am getting some major deep cleaning done in this dirty house and for so many years I barely scraped by and now life is a little bit easier and I can work again sometimes....but i'm not bragging, and I know you are doing the best you can...and 2 weeks ago I was drowning in my work and depressed...
Your eight year old boy sounds like my nine year old boy...sloppy! but he's getting the answers right. He's learning. My hubs is not a cell phone man. He uses one out of necessity and does not text. Sometimes I wanna get mad 'cause we don't even have a texting plan but I think maybe I should just be content.;)-Wanda
Shilah Writes said…
Amy, you are a hoot and I need you. I couldn't have said it better...Not sure if the Bible verse and the droid go together though...
amyjane30 said…
Sure they go together Shilah....notice I DIDN'T throw the thing out the window? I was crusifying my fleshly desires. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....