We are having a splendid Christmas season. On Monday I had to wonder if I would ever get caught up and if I would even be able to enjoy this Christmas season. But yesterday afternoon things finally fell into place and by last evening I started to realize how relaxed I feel about Christmas and I think I will enjoy Christmas this year. Is it really possible? Christmas has meant busyness and snotty grumpy sugar babies and messy houses and just too much activity for way too many years. This year is different. I don't know why for sure but I'm good with this.
So this week we decided to think Christmas everyday. What can we give to each other every day? How can we make life more sweet and peaceful for each other? So Monday just didn't happen....we had numerous things cluttering up our lives. But we worked on it. It being Christmas pictures and cards to be sent out. That was quite stressful. I hope somehow they bless all our dear friends....
Tuesday we did some running and came home with a HUGE headache. After we all (excluding Zerrick) had nice two hour naps, life looked much more pleasant. Supper was a casserole from the freezer. It was our turn to sing at Friend Manor. So we did that. Mom B helped. Mathias sweetly loved up one lady at the retirement home and made us all feel like we had a peek at Jesus' love and purity. And then the evening was finished with letting the boys open one gift with a book and gloves in them. Keagans been wearing his gloves in the house a lot...till his hands sweat. So we read books and had coffee and had such a lovely evening.
And now the gifts are all wrapped and Zerrick has been keeping the house straightened and swept up and we're just enjoying the rest of the week. Nothing on the agenda but school books and ginger bread houses and the normal laundry and training and loving the boys.
So today the Christmassy thing was starting on the gingerbread house. So far it's looking good. If it turns out I'll post a picture. Tomorrow we hope to get a good ways on it.
Other things that have made my life so much easier. Matt took a good part of his precious Saturday to fix my washer and dryer situation. I feel like I'm living the rich mans life now. My dryer was quite ancient and squeeked quite loudly and tried to eat pieces of clothing. Many items were clenched in it's jaws and had gotten nice big bites out of them in the last year. Literally. The washer was a top load and used tons of water and smelled and ruined clothing quite well over time. So. He found a used dryer for 50 $ and it works amazingly well. And he dug out our old front load and tore it to pieces and put in a new mammoth part and at midnight on Saturday we hefted it in and tried it out. It didn't work. So on Monday he looked deeper and found a nail in the pump. By Tuesday night we had a new hose on the back and the pump working and the tub spinning like a charm again! All for much less than the 1000 $ we could have spent if we would have went with new items. And these used items are working wonderfully. I didn't know it was possible to put so much wash through in a day. I would bet our electric bill will be much less. Imagine how much electric that old dryer was pulling and the washer with it's loads of hot water and so in my mind I think I'm saving money and that feels good. Miser that I am.
Other things that are fun. I just found out Norvans will be using us for a Motel tomorrow night. That will be fun. That means in a week or so maybe we get to see them again?
The weather has been very non Christmassy. It's okay though. Because this way I get my husband for the Christmas Weekend.
All around me I am hearing of devastating things. Mostly all related to the health of loved ones or the death of loved ones. And I feel so very sad for them. God must have a bigger picture than we do to look at. I'm thanking God for the moment I'm in and praying for all the dear people that are having moments that are not as cheerful right now. Some day in Heaven we'll understand this all so much better!
Have a Merry Christmas! Love, Amy
So this week we decided to think Christmas everyday. What can we give to each other every day? How can we make life more sweet and peaceful for each other? So Monday just didn't happen....we had numerous things cluttering up our lives. But we worked on it. It being Christmas pictures and cards to be sent out. That was quite stressful. I hope somehow they bless all our dear friends....
Tuesday we did some running and came home with a HUGE headache. After we all (excluding Zerrick) had nice two hour naps, life looked much more pleasant. Supper was a casserole from the freezer. It was our turn to sing at Friend Manor. So we did that. Mom B helped. Mathias sweetly loved up one lady at the retirement home and made us all feel like we had a peek at Jesus' love and purity. And then the evening was finished with letting the boys open one gift with a book and gloves in them. Keagans been wearing his gloves in the house a lot...till his hands sweat. So we read books and had coffee and had such a lovely evening.
And now the gifts are all wrapped and Zerrick has been keeping the house straightened and swept up and we're just enjoying the rest of the week. Nothing on the agenda but school books and ginger bread houses and the normal laundry and training and loving the boys.
So today the Christmassy thing was starting on the gingerbread house. So far it's looking good. If it turns out I'll post a picture. Tomorrow we hope to get a good ways on it.
Other things that have made my life so much easier. Matt took a good part of his precious Saturday to fix my washer and dryer situation. I feel like I'm living the rich mans life now. My dryer was quite ancient and squeeked quite loudly and tried to eat pieces of clothing. Many items were clenched in it's jaws and had gotten nice big bites out of them in the last year. Literally. The washer was a top load and used tons of water and smelled and ruined clothing quite well over time. So. He found a used dryer for 50 $ and it works amazingly well. And he dug out our old front load and tore it to pieces and put in a new mammoth part and at midnight on Saturday we hefted it in and tried it out. It didn't work. So on Monday he looked deeper and found a nail in the pump. By Tuesday night we had a new hose on the back and the pump working and the tub spinning like a charm again! All for much less than the 1000 $ we could have spent if we would have went with new items. And these used items are working wonderfully. I didn't know it was possible to put so much wash through in a day. I would bet our electric bill will be much less. Imagine how much electric that old dryer was pulling and the washer with it's loads of hot water and so in my mind I think I'm saving money and that feels good. Miser that I am.
Other things that are fun. I just found out Norvans will be using us for a Motel tomorrow night. That will be fun. That means in a week or so maybe we get to see them again?
The weather has been very non Christmassy. It's okay though. Because this way I get my husband for the Christmas Weekend.
All around me I am hearing of devastating things. Mostly all related to the health of loved ones or the death of loved ones. And I feel so very sad for them. God must have a bigger picture than we do to look at. I'm thanking God for the moment I'm in and praying for all the dear people that are having moments that are not as cheerful right now. Some day in Heaven we'll understand this all so much better!
Have a Merry Christmas! Love, Amy
Comments