This is a weird January 1 if I do say so myself! I was working on a puzzle with the hot sunshine streaming in the open door. My face still feels hot. It's windy but not a cold wind. And it's January! This is the time for blizzards and snow and deary days. But alas we have hot sunshine and blue sky! It makes me happy.
My puzzle was a winter scene from Arla. Did you ever put it all together Arla? I think I'm really going to like it....If I can keep Mathias' little paddies out. Maybe putting together a winter scene will bring winter?
So what are your goals for 2012? I haven't contemplated mine very much yet. I do hope to put purpose into it. My life has been a moment by moment going along. Which is all I could do for the time I was in. But I have a something in me to enjoy/live/ do/ life with more joy or purpose than the normal bumble jumble along. I wonder how it will be?
I know for sure that I will be thankful. We have each other, and that in itself is a great, great happiness and gift.
Another goal that I haven't articulated in my mind too much is that I would like to simplify and organize my life better. And how to do that is quite tricky if one is of that nature of me! I'm not a very detailed person. This is a character trait I wish to develop. Three weeks of doing the same things over and over develops a habit right? So I've been watching my habits of my day to day living. They're not planned very smart. Maybe I should call this goal "smart living"! I want to be smart with my grocery shopping, my clothing and closets, all my purchases, our eating habits, my Bible reading...the list is endless.
I've been trying to get Zerrick to follow a read through the Bible in a year plan with me. I might have to go it myself. But I'd really like to do that one for sure.
Of course with my smart living, I'd love to always have my house company ready and my kids bright eyed and smart and obedient and all these other fine idealistic goals. But my excuse for not making that a New Years goal is that it's been a goal for 10 years and I'm finding myself happy to let it just be a process and not a undefeated battle.
So you see, my goals for 2012 are not overly articulated. I suppose everyone is searching for meaning in life. Being in focus on my Saviour gives me the most meaning. Here's a quote that has inspired me this week:
If thou have lost Jesus, take no rest to body or soul till thou have found him! Without him, all is confusion and ruin: with him, all is joy and peace. ~Adam Clark
So happy 2012 to all of you! Chin up. Face your fears. Be thankful. Laugh and enjoy the joys while we have them with us! :)
My puzzle was a winter scene from Arla. Did you ever put it all together Arla? I think I'm really going to like it....If I can keep Mathias' little paddies out. Maybe putting together a winter scene will bring winter?
So what are your goals for 2012? I haven't contemplated mine very much yet. I do hope to put purpose into it. My life has been a moment by moment going along. Which is all I could do for the time I was in. But I have a something in me to enjoy/live/ do/ life with more joy or purpose than the normal bumble jumble along. I wonder how it will be?
I know for sure that I will be thankful. We have each other, and that in itself is a great, great happiness and gift.
Another goal that I haven't articulated in my mind too much is that I would like to simplify and organize my life better. And how to do that is quite tricky if one is of that nature of me! I'm not a very detailed person. This is a character trait I wish to develop. Three weeks of doing the same things over and over develops a habit right? So I've been watching my habits of my day to day living. They're not planned very smart. Maybe I should call this goal "smart living"! I want to be smart with my grocery shopping, my clothing and closets, all my purchases, our eating habits, my Bible reading...the list is endless.
I've been trying to get Zerrick to follow a read through the Bible in a year plan with me. I might have to go it myself. But I'd really like to do that one for sure.
Of course with my smart living, I'd love to always have my house company ready and my kids bright eyed and smart and obedient and all these other fine idealistic goals. But my excuse for not making that a New Years goal is that it's been a goal for 10 years and I'm finding myself happy to let it just be a process and not a undefeated battle.
So you see, my goals for 2012 are not overly articulated. I suppose everyone is searching for meaning in life. Being in focus on my Saviour gives me the most meaning. Here's a quote that has inspired me this week:
If thou have lost Jesus, take no rest to body or soul till thou have found him! Without him, all is confusion and ruin: with him, all is joy and peace. ~Adam Clark
So happy 2012 to all of you! Chin up. Face your fears. Be thankful. Laugh and enjoy the joys while we have them with us! :)
Comments
Gina