It's probably a bad time to write a new post. I'm not exactly well rested and in charming spirits. But I've sat down here a number of times to post and have had to give up because life was calling. Matt has the two big boys with him this morning and Mathias is toddling and destroying happily. So this is my chance. I'm going to go sew myself a new dress in a little bit. But not yet.
Do you love your life? What a weird question huh? I'm almost 35. And I wonder if I love my life. Kind of like the people who survived the world trade center thing..... a lot of them dropped their big career ambitions and decided to "go for it"....it being the thing they really loved. Rather than the thing that was getting them up the ladder in their career. So I've not survived the world trade center but I wonder if I'm doing what I love. Is 35 old enough for a mid life crisis? Just wondered. I know that verse too about losing my life for Christs sake to find it . And what would I change in my life anyhow to make it better? Really. I'm a mother. Mothers don't just drop what they're doing and change their minds about what they're doing. Altho this mom wouldn't mind a few more tips here and there about being a BETTER mom. A mom that's JOYFUL. A mom that's RESTED. A mom that's at PEACE. A mom that has her Children's Hearts.....whatever that means.....(I think it's a short way to say, that my children depend and love their mother and come to me with their thoughts and questions without feeling dumb and that kind of thing.)
So someone was asking how my reading through the Bible plan was going. I'm 5.5% through the Bible at this point. Not even 1 day behind reading! I'm using the One Year Bible plan. So far I really like it. I get the long old testament passages, one or two New Testament passages and then a Psalm and Proverb everyday. Nice.
Yesterday, Jenny came to sew at my house. While she sewed I did another Mountain of Laundry. I baked two kinds of cookies. And I worked my jaw up and down lots.....talking. I get really hungry for talk. If I could have an adult friend spend every other day at my house just working together and nudging my thinking I would be so content! But then somewhere in there I'd have to keep on with the Mothering/Parenting thing....and my kids need me.
Anyhow, my washer pump had a fit on the last load. So there it sat. And then we had Justins and Gabes for Pizza and Settlers. (I'm getting to like that game. Sometime again, I would like to play without the baby interuptions. But it was all good.) After they all left I went and laid hands on my washer and prayed. It decided to work and I was able to finish that load of laundry before I went to bed! And it did a load this morning too. So maybe we won't have to change the pump in it yet! My dad says if it ain't broke, why fix it? ....Ahem......... Hi Dad. :) So how was that for one strange mixed up paragraph?
There are many more, more interesting things happening in my life but the little precious is yanking on me and telling me in all kinds of precious of tones of voices that he wants something. And I can never resist his precious begging....... Have a good weekend, Amy
Do you love your life? What a weird question huh? I'm almost 35. And I wonder if I love my life. Kind of like the people who survived the world trade center thing..... a lot of them dropped their big career ambitions and decided to "go for it"....it being the thing they really loved. Rather than the thing that was getting them up the ladder in their career. So I've not survived the world trade center but I wonder if I'm doing what I love. Is 35 old enough for a mid life crisis? Just wondered. I know that verse too about losing my life for Christs sake to find it . And what would I change in my life anyhow to make it better? Really. I'm a mother. Mothers don't just drop what they're doing and change their minds about what they're doing. Altho this mom wouldn't mind a few more tips here and there about being a BETTER mom. A mom that's JOYFUL. A mom that's RESTED. A mom that's at PEACE. A mom that has her Children's Hearts.....whatever that means.....(I think it's a short way to say, that my children depend and love their mother and come to me with their thoughts and questions without feeling dumb and that kind of thing.)
So someone was asking how my reading through the Bible plan was going. I'm 5.5% through the Bible at this point. Not even 1 day behind reading! I'm using the One Year Bible plan. So far I really like it. I get the long old testament passages, one or two New Testament passages and then a Psalm and Proverb everyday. Nice.
Yesterday, Jenny came to sew at my house. While she sewed I did another Mountain of Laundry. I baked two kinds of cookies. And I worked my jaw up and down lots.....talking. I get really hungry for talk. If I could have an adult friend spend every other day at my house just working together and nudging my thinking I would be so content! But then somewhere in there I'd have to keep on with the Mothering/Parenting thing....and my kids need me.
Anyhow, my washer pump had a fit on the last load. So there it sat. And then we had Justins and Gabes for Pizza and Settlers. (I'm getting to like that game. Sometime again, I would like to play without the baby interuptions. But it was all good.) After they all left I went and laid hands on my washer and prayed. It decided to work and I was able to finish that load of laundry before I went to bed! And it did a load this morning too. So maybe we won't have to change the pump in it yet! My dad says if it ain't broke, why fix it? ....Ahem......... Hi Dad. :) So how was that for one strange mixed up paragraph?
There are many more, more interesting things happening in my life but the little precious is yanking on me and telling me in all kinds of precious of tones of voices that he wants something. And I can never resist his precious begging....... Have a good weekend, Amy
Comments
We had a preacher from out east (Don Stelfox? or Raymond Harnish) tell us that yes, God CAN start cars. All the women have knowing nods. We've known that for forever, already!
I like your post. Ruthie S
I love this and can so relate to wondering whether I love my life. I don't know if I really do, but when I consider trading it with someone else's I realize that it's the life I want/need/choose.
I have never laid hands on an appliance, but you inspire me to try it. Keep writing about midlife crisis. I'm right with you.
loved this line! i hear ya!
interesting thoughts on- do i love my life? i def do, but i feel like i could enjoy it even more if would make better choices sometimes!!
jenny