that happen or go through my head:
~ I was watching my three boys as they surrounded my Runza attempts in the kitchen and my mind jumped ahead five years. These little boys are going to be bigger than me and stronger than me and I hope they still come to the kitchen to help me and snoop and talk. It's just a funny feeling to see my boys like that.
~ I have one boy with pink eye and a nasty cold. And one boy with a weird rash on his neck and back. And one boy with a cold.
~I've been reminded in that last week that I can't do it all. This brain of mine goes around and around and my body finally can't stand the stress and wow! I have a very bad cold. I even lost my voice. I just know I am most miserable. I wonder, when do I ever get to sleep again, or when will I ever feel energized and healthy and when will my brain function kick in gear again? I've been noticing stories about people with dementia.......I feel rather sympathetic and can empathize a little I think. :(
~ There is not many things much sweeter than a lovely lovey weekend away from it all and spent with good friends.
~ And the sweetness of friendships must be just a tiny glimpse of the sweetness of heaven someday. I have missed those old friendships with other girls that I use to have before I was married. When your girlfriend's husband can get along with ones own husband, well than you've got a friendship you must always hold on to. And hold onto the other ones as well.
~ But whatever you do, always be a true friend.
~ I've been reminded again, to always be thankful and trustworthy for my husband. Marriage is one complex simple thing. Exciting and difficult. Sweet and Harsh. It's the epitome of throwing everything into a relationship....giving it all you've got and then some more.
~ Learning to trust is hard. Learning to trust and forgive is hard. And they both are moment by moment jobs.
~I dream of a clean, organized, restful house. Don't worry, it's only a dream.
~ The next month looks busy and full. The good news is that we'll be winding down on the book learning by the end of March! And then we'll fill up the rest of the year with Math and Health and Spelling and Penmanship.
Later:
That was all written several days ago. I am feeling much better now and my voice is almost back to where I can yell and sing again. This is good. Keagan is still pink eyeish and coughy but I'm hoping a good night of sleep will put him right again.
After a tough tough two weeks and stress and much intenseness I think I can say that little by very little I am gaining and learning. Learning perspective and patience and keeping steady all the while counting in my head the little things that did work or the little place I did get organized and cleaned, or the little smiles God did bestow on me through the littles around here. Some days I feel panicky.
But I just read a little devotional that reminded me again that all the things I think I MUST accomplish will never be accomplished on my power, but instead in keeping my eyes and heart open to God and His power. Did you ever notice how God answers prayers so naturally? In such good wholesome normal ways? It's in the looking back that I realize God relates to me and cares for me so naturally and easily. That's calming to me.
So on to another week we go. Keep your windows open toward God.....that's my reminder for myself. ~amy
~ I was watching my three boys as they surrounded my Runza attempts in the kitchen and my mind jumped ahead five years. These little boys are going to be bigger than me and stronger than me and I hope they still come to the kitchen to help me and snoop and talk. It's just a funny feeling to see my boys like that.
~ I have one boy with pink eye and a nasty cold. And one boy with a weird rash on his neck and back. And one boy with a cold.
~I've been reminded in that last week that I can't do it all. This brain of mine goes around and around and my body finally can't stand the stress and wow! I have a very bad cold. I even lost my voice. I just know I am most miserable. I wonder, when do I ever get to sleep again, or when will I ever feel energized and healthy and when will my brain function kick in gear again? I've been noticing stories about people with dementia.......I feel rather sympathetic and can empathize a little I think. :(
~ There is not many things much sweeter than a lovely lovey weekend away from it all and spent with good friends.
~ And the sweetness of friendships must be just a tiny glimpse of the sweetness of heaven someday. I have missed those old friendships with other girls that I use to have before I was married. When your girlfriend's husband can get along with ones own husband, well than you've got a friendship you must always hold on to. And hold onto the other ones as well.
~ But whatever you do, always be a true friend.
~ I've been reminded again, to always be thankful and trustworthy for my husband. Marriage is one complex simple thing. Exciting and difficult. Sweet and Harsh. It's the epitome of throwing everything into a relationship....giving it all you've got and then some more.
~ Learning to trust is hard. Learning to trust and forgive is hard. And they both are moment by moment jobs.
~I dream of a clean, organized, restful house. Don't worry, it's only a dream.
~ The next month looks busy and full. The good news is that we'll be winding down on the book learning by the end of March! And then we'll fill up the rest of the year with Math and Health and Spelling and Penmanship.
Later:
That was all written several days ago. I am feeling much better now and my voice is almost back to where I can yell and sing again. This is good. Keagan is still pink eyeish and coughy but I'm hoping a good night of sleep will put him right again.
After a tough tough two weeks and stress and much intenseness I think I can say that little by very little I am gaining and learning. Learning perspective and patience and keeping steady all the while counting in my head the little things that did work or the little place I did get organized and cleaned, or the little smiles God did bestow on me through the littles around here. Some days I feel panicky.
But I just read a little devotional that reminded me again that all the things I think I MUST accomplish will never be accomplished on my power, but instead in keeping my eyes and heart open to God and His power. Did you ever notice how God answers prayers so naturally? In such good wholesome normal ways? It's in the looking back that I realize God relates to me and cares for me so naturally and easily. That's calming to me.
So on to another week we go. Keep your windows open toward God.....that's my reminder for myself. ~amy
Comments
Also, I think you are much better than me with little ones at your elbows in the kitchen. If mine are all crowding me, I get claustrophobic and more scatterbrained than ever. I much prefer just one little person at a time! Glad you're feeling better. Glad you're my friend. This is a long comment. ~Jenn