Skip to main content

Little Things....

make a difference on a lot of things.
 Like a two hour nap.
 Or a nice clean living room.
Or a good conversation with  a friend.
 Or watching my one year old be cute and smart.
  Or seeing my third grader actually write something out ledgibly.
 Like a good starbucks....I want one right now.

Today I made bubbles for the kids.  Did you ever?  Its as easy as I thought but worked better than I thought!  1/2 cup dish soap, 1 1/2 cup water and two teaspoons of sugar.   For fat Huge bubbles use a plastic cookie cutter in any shape and dip into a shallow bowl of bubbles.  What a mess we made and fun too.
    On Monday evening I want with Matt to a storm spotter class.  It was interesting.  The best part was going with Matt somewhere...without the kids.  Steve and Mitz had the kids.  Zerrick can't get done talking about wanting to go back.  He got to go down to the dairy where Derrick and Andrew milk  and see how it all works.  He was very pleased and impressed and wants to go again.  And he had a great time talking with Derrick...Derrick is at least 4 years older than him.  When I get big boys I hope they are as nice of boys as Derrick.  I hope my boys can treat younger boys as nicely and genuinely as Derrick does.  And so comfortably too!  Steve and Mitz have a wonderful family and I can't say enough that whatever they're doing is working.  Not only that, I always love talking with Mitz.
   And I went to sewing circle this month.  What came over me I'll never know.  Well, maybe I do know....Its time for me to put myself out there a little and try to get outside of these four walls and that's where the women in my church community were and so there was my opportunity to meet them on their ground.  So there I was and God put all kinds of life lessons in front of my eyes that day.  One was the little devotional....caring for each other and those things I needed to hear.  I came home humbled.  
    One of lifes predictaments I'm trying to figure out.....How do I ever get more done in a day than the basics?  It's tax time and I need quiet and clear mind....those two things don't happen here.    Also, there are several closets and such that are pleading to be organized....and have been for a very long time.   But Market season is coming up and .......can you hear the echo of me calling out NO in a very desparate tone of voice as I'm being sucked downward?  
         Time for bed.




Comments

Sharon said…
I feel your pain in that last big paragraph, Amy. I so get that. I think some of the answer is in finding a balance between being satisfied with mostly just the basics at this season in your life and thinking of practical ways to fit more in without too much stress. One thing that has helped me is to fit "extras" into a certain day/time that seems to fit. Nap time for tax work, a no-laundry day for other extras, etc.
And I can't believe I'm saying this, because I know how tough(and even stressful)it is, but get a 'maid' to watch the children once a week while you do those little catchup things. There is a blessing in letting others help you. My heart feels for you!
Sharon said…
Okay that was me, Troy's Sharon :-)
Gina said…
Thanks for sharing your bubble recipe - I've been wanting to do that for a long time and never took the time to find a recipe.

I can so relate to your post. Enjoying time with your husband (doing whatever!) looking for opportunities to spend time with other ladies, and the impossible task of trying to get more done then the basics. I've been trying to break down my goals (like extra cleaning and organizing) into tiny steps. If I know that I'm only going to clean off one shelf, I'm more likely to start the project.

Tomorrow we get to have your inlaw's here for lunch! We are looking forward to meeting them and enjoying their ministry with us this week!
Gina
amyjane30 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....