Skip to main content

Checking in....

JUNE:
I have rediscovered that I LOVE the month of June.  Its the days where we set up the sprinklers and fill the plastic inflatable pool and put the tarp on the hill with water running down it.  And I sit in my chair and soak in the HOT sun.  Or else chase up and down the tarp with the boys.  They love it and so do I.  We didn't get our garden planted this spring like most ambitious Nebraskan folks do so I planted whatever fun things I wanted this past week.  This is the way to garden...laid back and for the fun of it.  My canning shelves are barren but I'm not even caring too much.  I'll be good next summer!

OUR HOUSE:  
The basement is well on its way!  The walls are up and the floor is being prepared for cement.  Now I'm wondering about what kind of paint we should paint those cement walls so as to lighten the basement until we finish it off some sweet day?  Any and all advice is welcome.  And we have a little space like a root cellar or tornado shelter down there.....I'm very excited about keeping root vegetables in there next summer/ fall.  Its fun looking into that stuff and seeing how to do it.....I feel extravagant just planning.  Sometime I should put detail pictures of each room so I can get advice about how to paint and fix up each room.  Oh and the house is set to be moved the first or second week in July.  I am extremely excited in case you wondered! :)

VBS:
I'm teaching our Summer Bible School nursery class.  Our VBS is each evening for two weeks.  Patience, Experience and Hope are words that come to mind!  Whew!  I'm finding that four year olds are definitely in the very young child category!  Not that I shouldn't have already known....as one of the students is my very own Keagan.  But these kids can't even digest a story without there own stories interspersed.  I'm just mother enough that I tell them to stop interrupting.  But I have a nice supply of bubbles and play dough and .sidewalk chalk and snacks and a story book corner.  So we'll get through....I'm sure.....in a week  and  a half.

And that's our life.  Next month I will have to start thinking about school curriculum and all that stuff.  But NOT NOW!!!   Yesterday the boys signed up for the summer reading program at the library.  I love that they can sit and look at books and read and there is a goal for them to work toward and it makes peace for our summer days and makes ME happy.  And THAT is important.
See you later...with pictures of progress of our house and ect!  


Comments

Charlotte said…
Amy check out this site :http://www.favoritepaintcolorsblog.com/
I like it for paint color ideas.
Arla said…
Yeah, you're busy right now.
Anonymous said…
I'd love to see you chase up and down that slippery tarp with the boys! :-) The kids wanted me to play "football" outside with them today, but we had men around here putting up a fence, so I told them we'd wait till this evening when it was cooler, ya know. (And also so I wouldn't be providing hilarious entertainment for those fencers, ha, but I didn't explain that part to the kiddos!) Fun, busy summer.
~Jenn
Lisl said…
I happy for you and the new house deal. You're going to have lots of fun. I taught the 4 year olds at VBS for several years at northwoods. I was exhausted by the time it was over with.
Sharon said…
just a bright and light idea for the basement--light yellow. Not to bright, not too dark, just enough yellow to look like a little sunshine... :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....