We think and talk about house improvements daily here. Actually hourly. The thing I'm discussing with myself right now is paint. I dislike painting very much. And so does my man. But I have a lot of people who have asked when I'm going to be painting and working at the house. I'm taking that to mean they want to help? I hope so. The problem I'm having is, I know what I want it to look like when I'm done, but I don't know that the house is capable of looking like it does in my mind for real. I know it's just paint and I can just REpaint if I need to. But that just sound so discouraging. REpaint? Oh dear.
So here are my wishes and desires. (You guys tell me if I can make it happen.) I get very dark in the winter. So my goal is to paint and decorate so it's cheerful and bright ALL year long. That's the plan.
Matt says the walls have to be WHITE! I am in pain with that thought. Think 3 boys....who you have to TELL to go wash their hands....At what age do they wash hands on their own? And right now they're out wading in a sandbox of dirty water they created for themselves..... So three boys/ white walls. hmmmmm.
So lets start with the kitchen. I have dark cabinets, yellow sink and counter top. I am looking at some sort of autumn colors....browns/ orangeish red/ goldenrod yellow. Think I can do that? And then the living room. I have a brown leather couch and a big brown recliner chair and two little rockers. So white walls. white window trim, and white end tables and coffee table. Will that work? And then the bedrooms. The boys want red and blue.....I don't know how to do that. In my bedroom, I'm thinking I'll keep going with that white and brown look. And we have beautiful hickory hardwood flooring to put in one of the rooms....living room? Bathrooms? Master Bathroom we'll use the same color theme as the bedroom. Main Bathroom I will do like I have it now.. I guess.
And the outside of the house will be painted a dark blueish charcoal color with white trim and red doors. Please come and see our process anytime and come visit us. Soon. :)
Other things of life. Some dear friends who we rarely see are leaving for the mission field soon and we feel VERY sad. How can it be we will miss someone so very much when they go if we never get to see them anyhow? We wish them God's VERY best.
I wonder about things. Like us pouring so much effort into this materialistic endeavor of having our own place and other dear friends selling their place and going to far distant lands. And why when we give God our desires and surrender our moments here in what we're doing, does God open all the doors and show us that this is what and where we should be? But it seems pretty futile and even selfish. But is it really futile and selfish .....I am banking on that having three boys grow up to be men who love the Lord is actually something? I think too hard. I'm sure that's the problem.
Today I will be glad for God's leading and the blue sky and the sunshine and ability to function and care for me and mine. Because today is all I have to work with.
BTW....I'd love more thoughts and ideas and detailed instructions on my painting issues. Thanks.
So here are my wishes and desires. (You guys tell me if I can make it happen.) I get very dark in the winter. So my goal is to paint and decorate so it's cheerful and bright ALL year long. That's the plan.
Matt says the walls have to be WHITE! I am in pain with that thought. Think 3 boys....who you have to TELL to go wash their hands....At what age do they wash hands on their own? And right now they're out wading in a sandbox of dirty water they created for themselves..... So three boys/ white walls. hmmmmm.
So lets start with the kitchen. I have dark cabinets, yellow sink and counter top. I am looking at some sort of autumn colors....browns/ orangeish red/ goldenrod yellow. Think I can do that? And then the living room. I have a brown leather couch and a big brown recliner chair and two little rockers. So white walls. white window trim, and white end tables and coffee table. Will that work? And then the bedrooms. The boys want red and blue.....I don't know how to do that. In my bedroom, I'm thinking I'll keep going with that white and brown look. And we have beautiful hickory hardwood flooring to put in one of the rooms....living room? Bathrooms? Master Bathroom we'll use the same color theme as the bedroom. Main Bathroom I will do like I have it now.. I guess.
And the outside of the house will be painted a dark blueish charcoal color with white trim and red doors. Please come and see our process anytime and come visit us. Soon. :)
Other things of life. Some dear friends who we rarely see are leaving for the mission field soon and we feel VERY sad. How can it be we will miss someone so very much when they go if we never get to see them anyhow? We wish them God's VERY best.
I wonder about things. Like us pouring so much effort into this materialistic endeavor of having our own place and other dear friends selling their place and going to far distant lands. And why when we give God our desires and surrender our moments here in what we're doing, does God open all the doors and show us that this is what and where we should be? But it seems pretty futile and even selfish. But is it really futile and selfish .....I am banking on that having three boys grow up to be men who love the Lord is actually something? I think too hard. I'm sure that's the problem.
Today I will be glad for God's leading and the blue sky and the sunshine and ability to function and care for me and mine. Because today is all I have to work with.
BTW....I'd love more thoughts and ideas and detailed instructions on my painting issues. Thanks.
Comments
As far as the boys rooms, could you just accent or trim in blue and red instead for the boys rooms? At least it would be good for several years anyway.
Have fun!