I start my new week on Tuesday I guess. Yesterday I did dishes twice and pulled everything out of the game closet to pack it for moving and took my boy to the doc and went to Walmart and forgot to pick up his medicine and made fabulous pizza and salad for supper and tucked the tiggers in and went to bed at 11:05 pm. It felt like a rather unsuccessful day. But finding out what was wrong with my Keagan is good so I will not complain. He is now on antibiotics and looks as pale as can be and is coughing. His throat is white and stinks. Poor boy.
So now we will start our week today! :) Today I will finish the game closet/ toys thing. I'm hoping for a large section of the car to be filled for goodwill when I'm done. And a nice big load of junk for the dumpster as well. And just a few boxes for the move. Idealistic I am. At 4pm I shall pack up our supper and head to the house for an evening of "working at the house". I want to get the bathrooms scrubbed and the carpeting taken out of the bathroom tonight. And maybe give the window frame a coat of paint. And then I want to wander around and decide on the rest of the paint colors. There is so much to do.....I don't see us moving in very soon. If I were to make it a list of what needs done you would have to scroll down for a long time to read it all.
The rest of the week will be used up with laundry and hugs for the sick ones and making meals and trying to keep my sanity. Friday and Saturday I'm on my own with baking as Mom B is taking the weekend off. So we shall see how that works out.
There has been lots of learning going on here as well. Zerrick reads his history books like they're the latest fiction. Keagan asks lots of questions wondering if God is big enough to do all kinds of interesting things.....like could he kick the earth like a soccer ball? Mathias has learned to yell Mom quite loudly if I don't answer him right away....among other things. His latest favorite toy is an orange pickup that he found that the doors open! He loves that.
School starts soon too. Thankfully their books aren't here yet so I still don't have to have the scheduling and organizing of the that hang over me yet. Next week we will have to get serious. I hope by Oct to have a real school room set up for them where we can be truly structured.
Thing I'm learning. That I'm not really as surrendered of my self as I thought. That I'm selfish. That God's ways aren't always easy but His way is peaceful and okay especially after all the clamor. There is just so much clamor out there. And I add to it all the time. And love and mercy are amazing things too. If a person exercised being merciful and loving and kind ALL THE TIME....think how much clamor would cease! It's just good for me to look in the mirror of God's and be honest about how much mercy God has given me. And not forget what I've been redeemed of and what other things keep needing cleaned up. My human ability to forgive is quite anemic ....always asking God for help in that. But when I remember God's gift to me then I can pass it along with freedom.
And all this gets lived out with my kids and my man every day...or should be. Some days get really long and hard. My boys NEED a mom who is merciful and kind and loving........So help me God! :) Oh and my man needs a wife who is kind and loving too! :) I'll bet he was glad I remembered that one! :)
So have a good week....
So now we will start our week today! :) Today I will finish the game closet/ toys thing. I'm hoping for a large section of the car to be filled for goodwill when I'm done. And a nice big load of junk for the dumpster as well. And just a few boxes for the move. Idealistic I am. At 4pm I shall pack up our supper and head to the house for an evening of "working at the house". I want to get the bathrooms scrubbed and the carpeting taken out of the bathroom tonight. And maybe give the window frame a coat of paint. And then I want to wander around and decide on the rest of the paint colors. There is so much to do.....I don't see us moving in very soon. If I were to make it a list of what needs done you would have to scroll down for a long time to read it all.
The rest of the week will be used up with laundry and hugs for the sick ones and making meals and trying to keep my sanity. Friday and Saturday I'm on my own with baking as Mom B is taking the weekend off. So we shall see how that works out.
There has been lots of learning going on here as well. Zerrick reads his history books like they're the latest fiction. Keagan asks lots of questions wondering if God is big enough to do all kinds of interesting things.....like could he kick the earth like a soccer ball? Mathias has learned to yell Mom quite loudly if I don't answer him right away....among other things. His latest favorite toy is an orange pickup that he found that the doors open! He loves that.
School starts soon too. Thankfully their books aren't here yet so I still don't have to have the scheduling and organizing of the that hang over me yet. Next week we will have to get serious. I hope by Oct to have a real school room set up for them where we can be truly structured.
Thing I'm learning. That I'm not really as surrendered of my self as I thought. That I'm selfish. That God's ways aren't always easy but His way is peaceful and okay especially after all the clamor. There is just so much clamor out there. And I add to it all the time. And love and mercy are amazing things too. If a person exercised being merciful and loving and kind ALL THE TIME....think how much clamor would cease! It's just good for me to look in the mirror of God's and be honest about how much mercy God has given me. And not forget what I've been redeemed of and what other things keep needing cleaned up. My human ability to forgive is quite anemic ....always asking God for help in that. But when I remember God's gift to me then I can pass it along with freedom.
And all this gets lived out with my kids and my man every day...or should be. Some days get really long and hard. My boys NEED a mom who is merciful and kind and loving........So help me God! :) Oh and my man needs a wife who is kind and loving too! :) I'll bet he was glad I remembered that one! :)
So have a good week....
Comments
~Jenn
I can so connect with the learning paragraph. God has to have lots of patience for me. and mercy. and grace. love when you share that stuff.
Gina
Gina