Skip to main content
So many things roll through my head.  The thoughts this week are about babies with stomach flu.  And my baby with a chipped tooth and two other bad teeth.  And thoughts on this home schooling endeavor.  And relationships.  And other complexities of life.  
Reclaimed wood bench    Today, has been a cold grey day.  A day where I hugged the big baby boy and read a toy book to the kids and dreamt with them on how to build a rocket nerf gun for art class.  It's been a day where we saw unusual cars going by our house because of a funeral at the little church at the end of our little mud road. I've spent too many hours on the computer trying to figure out what forms I needed printed out.  In between that I looked up how to build a bench out of weathered wood.  


     Don't you like it?  I want one like this along the edge of my laundry room.  
And then I want a long weathered board with hooks above it.  
     Last night we worked in the basement again.  I have the living area/ toy room about unpacked. Now to get that project corner organized so I can start my grand aspirations of making some of those odds and ends useful in this house.  It's called re-purposing.   
     Tonight Keagan is in charge of supper.  He picked sausage gravy and biscuits.  There's fruit slush to eat too.  He wants carrots and dip too.....he chose that with a smirk on his face because Zerrick doesn't like it.  And then he chose a dessert too that Zerrick doesn't like.  Said with a giggle and a sly look Z's way.  Which we won't be having.  Next week Zerrick can choose something....and I'm sure he'll get him back.... macaroni's.  I'll be dieting that night.  :( 
     The other complexities of life I mentioned are just complex.   But it's okay.  I'm surrounded by my boys that I love and we have God and each other.  It's a gift.   
                           Have a good week!   

Comments

Anonymous said…
My e-mail doesn't always tell me when you've updated, apparently. Can't trust my e-mail!
I like your bench. Just wish we didn't live so far apart! Isn't this rather disjointed?! The flu all left, didn't it?
~Jenn

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....