I'm teaching a class every Sunday of women older than me. All the studying involved has given me lots to ponder. The biggest ponder is that it's so out of my comfort zone and so very difficult. I find myself flat on my face every Saturday night....begging God to open up this passage to me because it seems like it's written in code or something. Maybe because it's a study of Corinthians. And Paul likes to go around the barn three times to get to the house. Or it seems like it. It's a very good study....learning things. It's also a very convicting study.
I have realized again in the last week that I don't hear and listen very well. I'm pondering that one especially in relation to my man and my boys. I need to figure out the balance. If I would let them, my boys would run my life.....they do anyhow. But I think we're working on it! And as I'm watching myself better, I find there are a nice amount of ways I could listen better too. Plenty of things to grow up about.
Some other ponderings. I want to teach my boys to think outside of their bubble. To care about the down and outer ....realize life isn't always perfect. So we've been praying for my nephew who is struggling with drink, drugs, and suicide. We've been praying for the poor around us. We've been praying for our president. Especially over Election time. I wonder, when I can no longer keep them safe and take care of them will they know how to trust God? Will they be able to be steady strong believers. I'm praying.
I ponder the age we live in. Last week I learned that it will all come to nothing. Eternity is all prepared for the believer. Really we're only in this for a little short little space of time. Instead of worrying about me .....I need to praying for the women and children being shot by their own leader in their country. Or whatever other hurt that is out there.
Here's another: I'm finding it interesting the diversity of people helping people. The youth passed out tracts in Lincoln last week. There are two women from church who are going to start going to the Lincoln prison for the women there. There are some people going to the youth detention center every week. These are all good things. And there is Christmas Caroling. And there is School Christmas Program. And we're just all so very busy! Oh and Sewing Circle....bless us one an all! (bad experience there last time) But anyhow. In the middle of all the busy....how much time did we spend sharing and caring and praying about the hard things of life right with the people you see at church every Sunday? Pondering.....
I guess that's enough pondering for now. We are in middle of a living room remodel. Last night I finished the painting. So now what's left is all Matt's! The new lights and the new flooring. In between all that I have many doors to paint and windows to clean. I'm really hoping to get done with this by Christmas week. IF we do, I will then finally put up Christmas stuff. And we will enjoy our Christmas decorations until the end of January if we want. Who says I can only have Christmas in December? This year we're going to enjoy Christmas rather laid back but I think it will be all the better!
Matt has all the Christmas gift shopping done too! I haven't even had to go out and shop like a holiday crazy at all. For the boys this year we bought them each a bean bag and a board game. We've been having so much fun with games in the evenings with the boys.
So have a good week.....
I have realized again in the last week that I don't hear and listen very well. I'm pondering that one especially in relation to my man and my boys. I need to figure out the balance. If I would let them, my boys would run my life.....they do anyhow. But I think we're working on it! And as I'm watching myself better, I find there are a nice amount of ways I could listen better too. Plenty of things to grow up about.
Some other ponderings. I want to teach my boys to think outside of their bubble. To care about the down and outer ....realize life isn't always perfect. So we've been praying for my nephew who is struggling with drink, drugs, and suicide. We've been praying for the poor around us. We've been praying for our president. Especially over Election time. I wonder, when I can no longer keep them safe and take care of them will they know how to trust God? Will they be able to be steady strong believers. I'm praying.
I ponder the age we live in. Last week I learned that it will all come to nothing. Eternity is all prepared for the believer. Really we're only in this for a little short little space of time. Instead of worrying about me .....I need to praying for the women and children being shot by their own leader in their country. Or whatever other hurt that is out there.
Here's another: I'm finding it interesting the diversity of people helping people. The youth passed out tracts in Lincoln last week. There are two women from church who are going to start going to the Lincoln prison for the women there. There are some people going to the youth detention center every week. These are all good things. And there is Christmas Caroling. And there is School Christmas Program. And we're just all so very busy! Oh and Sewing Circle....bless us one an all! (bad experience there last time) But anyhow. In the middle of all the busy....how much time did we spend sharing and caring and praying about the hard things of life right with the people you see at church every Sunday? Pondering.....
I guess that's enough pondering for now. We are in middle of a living room remodel. Last night I finished the painting. So now what's left is all Matt's! The new lights and the new flooring. In between all that I have many doors to paint and windows to clean. I'm really hoping to get done with this by Christmas week. IF we do, I will then finally put up Christmas stuff. And we will enjoy our Christmas decorations until the end of January if we want. Who says I can only have Christmas in December? This year we're going to enjoy Christmas rather laid back but I think it will be all the better!
Matt has all the Christmas gift shopping done too! I haven't even had to go out and shop like a holiday crazy at all. For the boys this year we bought them each a bean bag and a board game. We've been having so much fun with games in the evenings with the boys.
So have a good week.....
Comments
A bean bag?! That's the answer to my quaundry. Thanks. I love the ponderings.