Skip to main content

Our Winter Days

    Our winter days are filled every day with all kinds of  exciting things.  Like bugs for the bug man from the wood pile Another exciting thing that didn't last more than but 10 minutes was face painting. 


     .   


    On days when small one is sick he looks longingly out the window at his big brothers playing football..

    But sometimes the big brothers are .sick too and mom just makes them go out anyhow.  And they sit on the stoop and consider if they have enough energy to run and play.  
    And when I MADE him go out he actually had a lot of fun splashing in as deep as his boots would let him. 
     My winter day yesterday was the most resfreshing day in a long long time! I actually put pictures from Christmas mail somewhere where we could see them for a while.  It's nice to walk into the dining and see friendly faces.....
     Much to his dislike he is bannished to his basement cell to do school work.  This picture really does make it look awful.  But it is really nice down there.  The wood stove keeps it cozy and warm and there are friendly spots all over for kids to enjoy.  The picture just looks prison cellish....
     In the yucky part of winter one always needs a bowl of fruit to brighten things up a bit. Yes?
     And this is Keagan's corner for studying.  He's doing well learning how to write his name independantly and write his numbers and learning a little about sounds.  And he's learning a Bible verse for each letter in the alphabet. He's doing such a good job.  
     I"m enjoying my brown and green room very much. And the boys like it too....
     This old man! was looking for things in an I SPY book and using a magnifying glass to enhance the experience!  He looks quite goofy to say the least!  
     Yesterday when I had such a fun day , it also included a stop at Et-cetra and the library.  I got this lamp shade for this little lamp that's been sitting around shadeless for two years I bet.  And I found this little side table tray thingy too.  And the books were from our library stop.  I'm looking at landscaping and gardening books and dreaming a lot lately.  
    This guy was sitting right on the top of all our library books and he was enhancing his view too with another magnifying glass!  


    And I think someone should give me lessons in arranging my pictures and post properly.  I sound and look like I don't know what I'm talking about....(which I probably don't)......

    Lately I'm just thanking God over and over for how He has given us answers for Keagan's health and how he is doing SO much better!  It really looks like it was a bad case of constipation!  How silly huh?!  And the best part?  He weighs 38 lbs!  He was 37 this summer and slipped down to 35.  When we were at the GI doc he showed us that he was off the chart. So now we have him back on the chart.   And he's eating like a pro....with out hardly any consequences.  I am so thankful that you all prayed with us.  And it seems pathetic now how distraught I was.....but yet I know that it was a time for learning so I won't kick myself too much.    Okay, off to enjoy a bit more quiet and school work before the littlest urchins wake up and begin to destroy some more.....They are truly amazing those two.....

    Comments

    Jenn said…
    You weren't being pathetic; I would have been at least that stressed out if not more so...and I am just so glad along with you that he's doing so well now! Wow, if he weighed 35 pounds, then he and Addi were close to the same weight!
    I like how you arranged your Cmas pictures - I look at pics like that and wish I had more creativity for things like that but oh well I'll enjoy yours!
    Shilah Writes said…
    Thank you for the tour. You are full of good ideas and a very good mommy. I like to hear joy in your heart again.
    Evie said…
    Life is good! Amazing how something simple changing, makes hope bright again. Loved your post, Amy!
    Gina said…
    So glad you are finding some answers! And that they are possible simpler than you imagined possible! God is Good! (Even when our prayers are not answered, of course.)
    Gina
    Wanda said…
    So, so glad you have answers for his health issues. Don't berate yourself; you're a good mommy and very normal to be stressed out w/ that stuff. Your house looks cozy and I saw US on your wall. Tell me it hasn't been 6 1/2 years since we were together!

    Popular posts from this blog

    Happy Birthday Keagan

    Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

    Forgiveness

     Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

    Let me tell you how God answers prayer

          Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....