Skip to main content

On a Rainy Spring Day

We had such a truly spring day yesterday!  It was pelting rain part of the time and cold and windy.  
Inside we were warm warm.  I was baking bread, and cookies and hot dishes for my freezer.
  I felt rather successful at the end of the day.  

The Dishes one makes when baking in big batches! 

Using  my big mixer makes the work shorter but
a lot of food too. 

Some of the product of my labors



















                                                   Matt  was home all day in bed with mono.  He can't stand this laying around stuff but I'm kind of enjoying it.  I know the bills are stacking up and I know the spring roofing season needs to get done.  But God knows our times right?  He can take this thing and make it go or he can work out those details about the bills and work too.  So I'm gonna keep enjoying this cold and rain and look out the window at the green coming from it and just enjoy.  This is probably the first spring in years where I'm not anxious about it.  I still have plenty of winter projects on my list and this gives me the opportunity.  All will be well.  We have each other and it's okay! 


In the mean time the boys stayed nice and busy all day.

He's my BIG baby.  rather precious and naughty.....




The boys went digging and found the old leap pads and got them working.  

Sharon says I will always remember this winter as the winter I lost my mind or something like that.  This is the winter of sickness!  Literally since May of 2012 we have been sick in this household every month except for Sep and Oct!  Maybe August too.  And now after thinking nothing else can touch us Matt gets Mono! Amazing!  I'm kind of to the point where I shake my head and laugh.  What else do we do?  It's not life threatening this sickness.  It's just tiresome. 
     One of my huge big over powering post partum depression fears was sickness in the kids.  It was crazy and unfounded and paralyzing.  I knew it was silly.  But I couldn't conquer it.  This winter has grown me up finally I guess. Sometimes God takes one through the fear to get one over it.  Thank you God.  
    And today is rainy and cold as well.  So we get to stay warm and build  a fire.  Ta TA..... 

Comments

Evie said…
Wow. It think you're right. Thank you God! You sound very much ok now.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....