Skip to main content

Idaho Trip People Pictures

My Parents in their back yard .

Taking a walk about the yard with hornet wasp killer in hand.  Their yard was full of bees. 

House and Camper we stayed in.

Sharon and Shilah took us huckleberry  picking one day.  Keagan was my best picker of huckleberries and  even pick some Indian paintbrush for me.

Two pretty little girls who picked with us.


A bunch of us got tired of picking but Sam couldn't quit....so she brought a load bush with her.  :) 

Afterward we went down to Meadow creek and some of the guys fished while the kids played in the water.




Zerrick with his cousin who looks much like him.  They're a year apart I think. 

this is the evening they played Indians like real Indians.   I observe here that girls  don't  actually play any less tough than boys.  Although my boys were accountable for the scratched faces and damaged glasses.  Sorry everyone! 

Pretty Mima came out to talk to April on the deck.....

She saw the camera on her and started backing in......

Finally inside but can't stop looking at me and my camera with a patient look on her face....Very Miller look here. 

Something interesting being watched. 



We went up to some Meadow one evening for supper.   



THIS is the part of the family that can claim him finally.  The Burkey's won't claim him.  No one here can place him.  So now we can be satisfied that he has Skrivseth/ Kauffman looks.    And Gilbert has his combined with Byler and Mathias combines his looks with Burkey.  I do say they are both quite handsome. 

My brothers making good food.  Daytons brought elk meat along.  It was really really good!  And then they served us Elk Roast on Sunday too.  Amazingly good. 

Mom and Elle at the meadow.


My boys with Johnny.  They're really outnumbered  with girls when the Skrivseth's get together.  When we're not there Johnny probably feels really overwhelmed! :) 

A hike back to Cook's lake.   

Laife and Zerrick watching  something on the computer or watching Laife draw or????

An evening  outside 

Matt was grilling good things like wings and trout fish.  


On our way home.....first camp sight.

Beginning of Yellowstone.


Comments

Jenn said…
Love the pics! Esp. of your parents. Sometime I want to visit Idaho in the summer. It's always been either winter or early spring.
Arla said…
Lovely. I really like what you see and take pictures of.
marinj said…
I love the first picture of your parents. They are such dear people and I always love to see them when I'm out there. And of course, the series of Mima melted my heart. Love those pictures!!
Hey that was a lot of beautiful pictures of all you did! thanks! i really enjoyed it!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....