Skip to main content

36 Weeks and our few mile markers

Today we're doing pumpkins.  I have a whole oven load roasted all soft, squooshy, stinky, and  cooling so I can scrape the skins and blend them.  We should be having pumpkin foods for the next ten years.  But the kids are all excited about pumpkin pies whenever they can get them. 
Our ten year old Zerrick finally said his multiplication facts to 12 and earned his new bike.  It's been in the works for two years.  I am almost as pleased as he to have this accomplished.  Don't be fooled though.  If you ask him, he'll know it. If you tell him to  do a timed drill, forget it!  So we're still perfecting this.  Along with this grand gift, Keagan found his dream bike while Zerrick and Matt were shopping for Zerrick's.  Keagn was in need of the next size anyhow, and now we're almost equipped for family bike rides.  I'm lookng forward to that!
Of course getting Mathias' birthday celebrated was a mile marker.  That means for me that October is here and I only need to get to November yet!   He's liking being three but his poor mom with the bubble in the middle hasn't found the wherewithal to get tough on him for all his babish ways.....not being potty trained is one of them.  We just found some old cd's of pics when Keagan was this age.  I have concluded that Keagan grew up faster than our oversized baby Mathias! 
The other night we spent a rainy evening in town buying our baby needs stuff and those bikes for the boys and eating out. Our last little fun thing before the baby comes and this mom only gets basics done for the next years! :)

 My next mile markers are:
Apples to make into applesauce tomorrow.
The basement to sweep up one more time.
The baby clothes washed to smell good.
The bags to pack for me and everyone.
The cradle pulled out of storage.
Another doc appt.
Homeschool Group every week.

So now we're on the countdown.  I pray and live moment by moment.  I love that God has given me the privilege to grow a baby and I don't forget that God is the one completely in control and takes care of each of  my babies the best way.  Mostly, my prayers are for God's care and protection physically and that they would grow up and give their hearts to God.  And I pray when they grow up that they will have the a heart for God that helps them trust and grow up with the hard things.....

We are blessed! 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
What an interesting post on your life. Biking is such a great family thing to do. ENJOY that new baby when it arrives! :)
On the Hill said…
I know the feeling on the multiplication tables...Delvin and Thorton both could know them just to do them...but if you set the timer...well you might as well forget it!! :-)
Francis Cross said…
Nice post Amy. I miss that baby, lots.
Anonymous said…
You take great pictures, Amy. Your homeschool group ones are beautiful! I had fun catching up here with you again. I hope the next weeks go fast for you. <3 -Luci-

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....