We finally got winter today! It all started yesterday with changing the living room around and putting up Christmas decorations. After supper the snow started. And it is almost 24 hours later and it's still snowing. The most unbelievable thing about this snow is that it's lazily coming down and there's no wind! In Nebraska this is unheard of. Well, maybe not. But I haven't seen such a lazy beautiful winter snow since the snow storm we walked in when we were dating....of our first kiss. Ah! what sweet memories lazy beautiful snows bring!
We woke up to a cozy house from our wood fire downstairs. The boys crawled in beside me and looked at stuff on my phone....Matt had gone out to push out someones church parking. After awhile we had warm cinnamon rolls and coffee and the boys went out and played for an hour in the snow. And then Dave and Beth came to help get the snowmobiles out and by lunch time we had Gabes and Mom and Dad here as well. Mom brought a pie. Beth went home and got some leftovers. I made a delectable roast.(I'm bragging but it was really good.) And then the afternoon has been naps. The candles and christmas lights are on and warming the house. It's quiet. The three youngest are sleeping and Zerrick is out skating.
The only bad thing is Matt just drove out the lane to go help a friend push snow in Lincoln. After he gets done with that he will start his own route and be out all night. I always pray for his safety and try to sleep as much as possible on those nights so that I don't worry. When I'm awake I worry. Otherwise I think I'm living in a dreamy world today.
God has given me a wonderful gift this winter. A baby girl to hug. She's a gift to me. She calms my soul. Don't ask me how a little 7lb. girl can do that. I really don't know. But I think I am enjoying another girl in the house. And added to that gift is the dark is gone. I've been careful to not get my hopes up. I figured the fears would come back with the early dark evenings and the blah brown winter. It hasn't. There were the first two weeks of baby blues but not the deep dark and weird fears. Am I growing up finally? I don't know. But I'm glad. And I'm enjoying it. I'm savoring all the moments I can with my boys and baby girl and my man.
So life goes on...... and it's growing pains. Right now I'm praying for: Friends who have just been given extra loads to carry, Strangers who have been given heartbreaking loads to carry, and my children for them to grow up to be able to serve and love God in our changing world. Life is real.....God is good.
Comments