Happy Anniversary to us last Monday. We've been married for 13 good years. I wanted to be able to look back and see us at 13 years of marriage when we get to 25 years. One of the things I think is so easy to do is to just "get use" to marriage. And that doesn't sound very nice to me. But it happens. So I like to reminisce and go back over all the good things from over the years. This anniversary seemed especially special to me. And I've been pondering why and I don't know why. Maybe because we've stumbled onto a comfortable spot somehow? Maybe because we've learned to fight better? Maybe because our kids are getting older and we see ourselves as parents of these other beings that have wills and souls and all the same human qualities we have. And maybe we've been realizing more and more that we need to be sturdy in knowing who we are in Christ and live in that. Maybe it's just called growing up? Maybe it's because we've learned more about being merciful and forgiveness and not making each other measure up to some weird expectations but giving ourselves room to make mistakes and not always winning. Maybe it's commitment. To be very honest we're pretty normal people and we both have our little ole selfish nature working quite hard. But a little humor and a lot of forgiveness and a lot of love are always good things!
We took the kids down to Grandma's house and the baby too and just went out for supper at a nice little Cafe place called The Toast. And afterwards were very responsible and did some house hold shopping.
Other things in life going on are school as usual. And the normal run of stuff. We are always busy doing things it feels like. Today I pulled out the camp chair and sat and watched the boys practice hitting the ball. And I folded my towels out on the back deck with Jeanie kickng and talking to me on a blanket.
Our next project is to pull down one more shack out side and plant more grass and get rid of MORE junk!!! It's just endless this owning a fixer up place.
So many other things in life to ponder but I need to sleep! Ta ta.
.jpg)
Comments
We know all about fixer uppers.:) Our basement has a kitchen sink drain problem going on with a whole lotta stink and the farmer is thinking about planting so field work, etc. is keeping him occupied...but we practice patience, love and continually crucify that selfish nature, blah! :)