He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.
How awesome it that? I've had a cloud over my soul lately. The tears in my heart are still there. The problem is still around. But the Lord God is not hampered by my cloud! It makes me feel humbled and amazed that God will wipe away tears from off all faces.
I'm a mom and I am constantly wiping tears and giving hugs and making judgement calls and trying to heal my children's wounds. So my first thought of God wiping away my tears was of love. I love my children so very much. And when they're hurt or hurting the first thing I do is pull them to me in a hug and wipe their tears and look into their eyes. That's just my natural inclination because of how I feel and love them SO much! So imagine how much God must love us! He created us.....He must want to wipe those tears away just as much as I want to wipe my children's tears away. Only, He can give victory over death (death of so many things) and he can remove condemnation and take the tears in a divine way. I can only physically try to mend my childrens hearts. But only God can divinely do all that! For the LORD hath spoken it! Amen!
Today, I will give out hugs and wipe tears and rest in the promise that God cares deeply for my tears.....enough to wipe them away. And some day the things that condemn and rebuke and hurt will be all gone.......endurance and looking to Jesus will get me through with JOY in my heart!
How awesome it that? I've had a cloud over my soul lately. The tears in my heart are still there. The problem is still around. But the Lord God is not hampered by my cloud! It makes me feel humbled and amazed that God will wipe away tears from off all faces.
I'm a mom and I am constantly wiping tears and giving hugs and making judgement calls and trying to heal my children's wounds. So my first thought of God wiping away my tears was of love. I love my children so very much. And when they're hurt or hurting the first thing I do is pull them to me in a hug and wipe their tears and look into their eyes. That's just my natural inclination because of how I feel and love them SO much! So imagine how much God must love us! He created us.....He must want to wipe those tears away just as much as I want to wipe my children's tears away. Only, He can give victory over death (death of so many things) and he can remove condemnation and take the tears in a divine way. I can only physically try to mend my childrens hearts. But only God can divinely do all that! For the LORD hath spoken it! Amen!
Today, I will give out hugs and wipe tears and rest in the promise that God cares deeply for my tears.....enough to wipe them away. And some day the things that condemn and rebuke and hurt will be all gone.......endurance and looking to Jesus will get me through with JOY in my heart!
Comments