Skip to main content

Our Latest Guests and Ect.






Keagan and Shaunti had some sort of obstacle course show going on here.  Shilah went out to watch and take pics. 
Shilah and Bruce and family came to see us.  We spent one day at the zoo and day just hanging out here.  What a lot of fun every one had!  Except for Laife got sick on their last day here.  Felt so bad for him! 

??? I don't know either....


Determined to be as cool as Shaunti and Keagan....

Mid Jump....





At the zoo.

Bruce doing his move that made the gorilla MAD....

My boys in awe of him and it. 

I begged Mathias and Keagan to take a detour with me into the garden of senses at the zoo





Lunch a the zoo.  We  were able to run our day smoothly at the zoo with them....The kids all did so good. 

Look who's tired.  Looks who's tired but won't admit it. 

Happy Birthday to Shaunti! 

Cousins.  They even look like cousins I think. 

Laife building with kinex and trying not to be miserable 




The lovely Mr. and Mrs. Bruce Hartman.
I was desperate to spend some time out on the deck with us adults.  I don't like to do dishes and sweep floors and pick up toys all evening.  So the last evening Shilah was buzzing around packing  and I was trying to get it all done inside.  Finally we just didn't any more and had our coffee out back.  Shilah told me she was a little OCD and wondered how I could stand just walking away from the mess inside.   I don't know the answer.  But I do know that if I was OCD  I would go  insane in this house.  I have three imaginative boys who are always  creating and making trails. They have learned and are learning to clean up after themselves.  But sometimes I just have to quit the yelping and barking and let it all be.  My niece Geneva wrote a post about being still.  She's sure enough right.  So I make my choices and find my moment to be still.
       And now I need to get some OCD spirit going in me.....Monday morning here.


Comments

Enjoyed the pictures Amy! I think I'm discovering I'm a lil` like Shilah.... I hate to have a messy house ever.....maybe I'm OCD too! Ha! And that's why I rewrite grocery lists in sections! Lol! :-)
Shilah Writes said…
We all do what works for our households right? Even if I do have my house in order as much as possible I still can relax in yours. Isn't that saying something good about both of us? I love being your sister, Shilah

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....