Skip to main content

A random post with a tribute to my friends....

So  it's a little after three pm and it's as warm as summer out there.  The kids and I wound up the school work in a rather haphazard way and called it good enough.  How can one stick to school work when there is bb guns to shoot and tire swings hanging from tall trees and dirt to dig in?  Lots and Lots and Lots of dirt!   I throw my hands up in defeat!  It's impossible to keep the dirt out and it's impossible to capture it all inside.  We live on a dusty Nebraska dirt pile.  7 acres of it.  And to the boys it's the best play ground ever.  So I should be not complaining!  Jeanie even loves it.
     Jeanie gave me the scare of my life yesterday.  I'm still writhing inside about it.... I feel so bad for her!  She got her big toe and part of her foot in the beater part of the vacuum cleaner while it was going.  Our vacuum cleaner is the epitome of  roaring power.  She has a very bad bad burn from it.  It just whipped the skin off her foot and toe in seconds.  Thankfully there is a thin layer left to regrow off of but the doc says any more skin off would mean we'd be doing skin grafts.  So today, I keep rebandaging it because she's a little wild child and keeps escaping outside and getting it wet or dirty.  I'm a very scared mommy when these kinds of things happen.  It looks very gross indeed and just makes me feel sick for her.  She's being a trooper really.
    It was a year ago my dear friend Jenn was here to visit.  Her Karis Bell is two today!  And it was three years ago we went to see them in Georgia.  It feels like it's time to see her again!  God keeps growing us up and we keep getting older and our kids are growing up and we never see each other but I thank God for her away down south.


 
   And then this dear lady moved to Nebraska  almost three years ago and  became an instant kindred spirit.  I love her spirit and great sense of humor and honesty.  She tells me the truth about me and  loves me anyhow.  She's blessed my life tremdously.  And then THEY MOVED AWAY back home to Tennessee!  I cry inside but God wants them back there for some reason.  I miss her.  Funny thing?  We never even saw much of each other when she was here.




Precious. 



I am so blessed by the souls of so many good good friends!   There are my sister friends and old friends and local friends.  Why is it I never take pictures of the friends who live right beside me? 
I found a few pictures of some of the dear friends I got to see in the last year.  God is so good to me to have such wonderful real souls in my life!   I love you all.  







'             I am missing so very many many people here.  Count yourself  in here all of you.   And God bless each of you extra special this Easter weekend!  Do  you know what an encouragement and boost it is to remember my  friends and remember again how you've blessed my soul? 

Comments

Breanna Bauman said…
I miss you!!!! Soooo much!!!! You now have 2 excuses to come this way!!!! TN and Georgia are just right together;) love reading your blog:) hugs love you all~
Shilah Writes said…
I spent a day with Lorita this week. There is something to be said for the old faithful friends that will always be there even when they are away. I miss you too, Shilah
Jenn said…
Awwwww, I must say, I totaly agree that its time to see each other again! I had never seen the pic of poor Jeanie-baby sobbing while we enjoyed our drink! And I also must say, if God would have rearranged our lives and I would have missed out on your friendship, I would have missed one of my very favorite blessings of life! So thankful for you!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....