I've have had such perfectness in my life lately.
It's not that I haven't had Real too.
But I couldn't ask for much more perfect.
Today it rained.
Yesterday it did too.
The day before I dug in the garden all day.
On that same day I had a friend over who helped dig.
She calmly tells me her own life joys and sorrows.
She never pressures me or expects more from me than I can give.
Our kids played like the hardy wholesome kids they are.
When one got hit on the teeth with a baseball she was across the yard and checking the damage in no time.
But when the biggest boy tagged the little one out there was no cries of poor sport.
Wholesome good play and fun.
That's perfection.
They all helped me put my newly acquired perennials in the ground.
They found a snake egg and fought over it and grossed out too.
And then today, another friend came for coffee this morning and it was still wet and raining.
The conversation was a lift for me. She was patient with me while I got to say things I don't say out loud often. Kindness in action....along with real.
The kids tip toed around in the water every where because they weren't suppose to get dirty.
But they collected a night crawler and a frog to take with them.
The thunder and the steady down pour on my roof all day makes me feel so happy.
I haven't had to push my way through the week getting my list done.
I am only doing what's in front of me.
The dishes on the counter aren't terrifying me like they use to because I know I have Fridays and Saturdays to live life too. With baking I had three days a week to be available as a mom. Now I have everyday. It's good.
I just looked out and the boys are playing in the deep deep water with mud boots on. Collecting night crawlers.
But I'm real too.
My house is messy.
I miss my husband while he's working summer hours.
I miss the money, market use to give me.
I have a tooth that needs a dentist.
The little girl screams because she wants to go play in the mud too.
The four year old woke up grumpy and can't quite over come.
People still think funny and make me shake my head in wonder.
The little girl screams because she wants to go play in the mud too.
The four year old woke up grumpy and can't quite over come.
People still think funny and make me shake my head in wonder.
But with all the imperfections the good things are deeper and happier.
And my whimsical pandora station plods along and makes the chaos less.
I like my perfect life.
I don't ever ever take it for granted.
God has given me a lot.
A lot of perfection.
A lot of not so perfect.
But it makes a sweet story

Comments