We had a perfect day yesterday and I have no pictures of it. It was just a normal day of shopping in Lincoln. But there are so many moments I wish I could freeze in my time of life with these four kids of mine.
The picture of all three boys sitting across from me in the Culvers booth. Mathias jabbering. Keagan eating fast after sitting and day dreaming over his Dr. Pepper for too long. Zerrick being the big brother and feeling relieved to be eating again! Jeanie was bopping all around eating and trying to make a mess with the salt shakers.
Walking to Kohl's from the Honda place, Jeanie puddles along and then looks ahead and sees her brothers sitting in the grass waiting on us to catch up. So she inspects her spot of grass and backs herself up to it and plops down , sitting there trying to be like them. And then looks at us all and twitches her foot in satisfaction. And then gets up and thumps along some more.
I'd take a picture of Zerrick carrying Jeanie for me when I needed extra arms. And one of the boys packing the groceries in the back for me.
Back home again the boys were biking all around our seven acres in a set up course. The four year old ran it. He had mud all the way to his neck and then accidentally fell right on his bottom into the mud. He got right back up and smile and ran again. When he finally got worn out he came to the starting spot and sat down and declared to all who would listen that he won.
I wish I had a picture of all three sitting in a row eating the corn on the cob we bought at a road side stand. And a picture of the steaks Zerrick grilled for us for supper. They were super good.
And the evening sunset finished off the day perfectly while I watered my plants. And then bathes, story time and bed. At about 11 I went back to check Jeanie one more time and they were all tucked in and sleeping deeply. I just have to stand there and gaze at their faces and smile. Deep inside. And then I pray for them. How can one person contain so. much. good.????
Thank you God for a good normal day. For this time I have now. It is a good life.
Comments