
![]() |
| His art project for the day. We had a bit of differences in how it should be done but in the end he was happy. The paper has a slit in it that goes to a pocket full of fish. |
![]() |
| My Keagan. Second grade. |
![]() |
| My little happy sunshine spot in the class room, God has again provided spots of sunshine in my garden this year. I'm loving my little row of zinnia's and stray sunflowers growing up everywhere. |
![]() |
| Keeping busy playing a Lego game while his favorite people are doing school. |
![]() |
| First morning! Ready to hit the books! |
| My seventh grader. The things he's learning! very exciting! |
![]() |
| One of the rare quick moments in the class room. They were quietly reading and the other two were studying. |
![]() |
| Keagan's learning cursive. And doing a wonderful job of it too! |
![]() |
| This is more reality than you'd think! Wild Child. |
| He's learning to recognize and write the ABS's and learning a Bible verse for each letter and working through a number book as well. He loves school! |
![]() |
![]() |
| So we've conquered one week of school. This year we're really hoping we won't get moved out before the end of the school year. For the last several years our school room has had to move about the house whenever remodeling would begin in those areas. This school year we don't have plans to do any remodeling in the basement. Last week Jeff and Roxanne Wolfer were here and she spent Tuesday helping me organize and clean and unpack our school room! I am forever thankful! Having our vacation and two different groups of overnight guests come right up against start date; I think our start was maybe a bit rough, but we're grinding away and smoothing out the lumps nicely! Someone was wondering how we do our days. I have really struggled with getting a good happy schedule going because I feel so pulled to be housewife at the same time. So the solution has been that during school hours we do school. All of us. At break time I go change wash and load the dishwasher and that kind of thing. So I basically get my appliance maids working and then concentrate with what's going on in the school room. I think it's hard to keep the books going in a home school setting so I have to do it this way. Yet at the same time there are some wonderful positive moments where we can stop the books and learn life skills too. So the house really goes down hill during school hours and my evenings are for my daily house work. For the most part I've made peace with this balance of my time and energies. So leaning heavily on my God and my husband for their wisdom and knowing we're doing our best with what God's will for our lives, we can do this! I never imagined I'd be living the life I'm living! I never knew I'd be blest with four healthy intelligent kids! I have this time to live and learn beside them every day. My goal is to soak it in and live with no regrets. This is our time! |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
| This is a very normal happening in the classroom. I love that they like to listen to the lessons together. |
![]() |
| Mathias' desk. |














Comments
Deborah