..That I learned again this week:
Solomon was a inexperienced man with a servant heart. When asked what he desired from God he asked for wisdom. And then when he didn't ask for the American dream God gave him wisdom with a snap of his fingers AND then God told him since you asked for wisdom and not riches and long life and honor I'm going to give you those things as well. I see us Americans striving for money, long life, and recognition all the time. How often do we pursue wisdom? Suppose those others things would become much less in our minds if we were a bit wiser?
All women ought to play pollyanna. I read an article comparing Michelle Obama and Mrs Carson. Granted the media is cruel but Mrs Carson seems to be widely known as a happy and thankful person. I started thinking again about how much of our world depends on us women to be kind, grateful, compassionate, strong, reliable, and lovable. And how easy it is to be the opposite of those things because life is real. And because we're human. But a good start is to be a grateful human being. Practice makes perfect right?
And along those lines. God calls us all to something. My place in life isn't yours. Practice for me this week is to encourage my sisters in Christ to keep on in their place in life.
You in your small corner and I in mine. Ta ta.
Comments