Skip to main content

A Wet Monday

     On Saturday it started raining.  By Sunday night we had lakes of mud outside our porch door.  And this morning our yard is white with snow.  It looks so nice but with all the rain under it, it's already beginning to look like dirty slush.  Sigh.  
     We've had such a good weekend.  Friday night we went to hear the kids program from our church school.  Saturday we braved the crowds and shopped for Christmas.  After which we were honored to have Mom and Dad B eat out with us at Famous Dave's.  The rest of the evening we packed full with an antique mall, Starbucks, a live nativity, and drove by a Christmas light display.  We're attempting to not panic nor do Christmas frantically.  So far all is well! 
    My one and only dilemma this Christmas is that I am struggling mightily with that mandatory Christmas picture card.  None of you really care to have one anyhow, right?  I'm cringing at the prices on Shutterfly because my pictures are blurry and not worth their price.  And Sams Club is the most awkward, clumsiest photo site ever....or else it's my internet connection.  I'm really not sure which is which and who is who anymore.  In any case....I'm nearly ready to resign.  Resign myself to once again not doing a letter and picture.  But I oh so love to hear from my friends.....   I will keep trying.
          Last night we had Josh's over for popcorn and a little Rook.  That was fun for us.  Josh can sing by the way....especially when he wants his rook partner to lay points.  And Francis and I managed to win the game.  I think Matt bid high just to be nice to us and let us win.  It's okay, a girl likes to win now and again!  
    Otherwise in life we are happy and busy.  Life is full of odd perplexities that are kind of stumping and then some times the perplexities make me laugh.  Other times I choose what kind of perplexities I really want to contemplate.  For today, I'm enjoying that it is Monday and all that is in front of me are my four gifts from God and a school day as normal, and that the  laundry and dishes and etc aren't yelling as loudly as normal. 

          

Comments

Samantha said…
Thanks for sharing, I enjoy reading.We are keeping Christmas simple, but more so because we have a wedding- our daughter is getting married on Sat to a wonderful Christian man.
Arla said…
Yes, I enjoyed this too.
Wanda said…
Go to the bother of doing a picture. I love hearing from you. Just sayin' :)
Wanda said…
Go to the bother of doing a picture. I love hearing from you. Just sayin' :)
Do Walmart... Maybe not as good as shutterfly but decent... At least ours is... I ordered this afternoon went to Walmart n was home 2 hours later! (I'd made some other stops too...)
Do Walmart... Maybe not as good as shutterfly but decent... At least ours is... I ordered this afternoon went to Walmart n was home 2 hours later! (I'd made some other stops too...)
Anonymous said…
Yes! Yes! Do pictures! You must! :) (&I commented so you know I was here:])
Roxanne Wolfer
amyjane30 said…
Yea about the wedding! Enjoy it fully and no stressing now! :)
amyjane30 said…
Good girl! Ahem. :).
amyjane30 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
amyjane30 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....