| My two littles taking a nap together on the couch. Of course it really didn't work. |
![]() |
| We had a couple days of making snow flakes and this one was the prettiest and the most fun of them all. |
![]() |
| Wherein Keagan turns eight! His birthday is on the 26th so he doesn't get celebrated very joyfully because all our joyfully gets used up the day before and we're always so tired. But he loved this cake with the candles shooting fire out the bottom of the rocket. And yes in case you can't tell amidst all the goooky frosting it was suppose to be a rocket. |
![]() |
| We started out Christmas with taking Mom and Dad Burkey out to eat. |
![]() |
| I put a little closet together for a play house corner for Jeanie's girl play. Our toy boxes and basement are very boy. She's liking her space. |
![]() |
| More snowflake creations. |
![]() |
| Keagan got an invention kit for his birthday and I think it was probably the biggest hit for birthday gifts for him so far. |
![]() |
| We were looking for lost plastic lids. She was sure she needed to have a go at it. |
![]() |
| Mahias made his snowflake for Grandpa Burkeys. And he took special care to get it to their car on Wednesday Evening and making sure they knew he made it for them! :) |
![]() |
| Jeanie's corner again. I'm certain when I was two I didn't own a doll crib full of dolls and a stroller and vacuum and broom set or dish set. My mom did make us three girls a pretty cool Kitchen though. A little oven that really baked, and a sweet little cupboard hutch. And we had a little table and chairs too I think. |
![]() |
| We traded days with Dave and Beth during Christmas shopping days. On our day to have the kids I taught them to play rook. That day and evening was a perfectly American Christmas memory making time! We had made snowflakes and played hard and worked hard all day and then in the afternoon we learned rook. For supper we had roasted Chicken and mashed potatoes and our dessert was especially amazing: Hot fudge cake and ice cream with latte's. The rook game went on till 10 that night. I went between dishes and this game and listening to the last Republican debate of 2015 with Matt in the living room. These are the times where life feels magical. All the ones we love playing and happy under my one roof . And life is simple and full. We have so much. |
![]() |
| One night we went to a live nativity. It was a very very nice one which told the story very well. Not a good picture but I wanted to remember this special time. |
![]() |
| Keagan was suppose to be reading his story to Jamin that day. |
![]() |
| My clown finds her dads dress shoes. She was actually walking around and keeping them on. |
![]() |
| And this is another guy who came up with this clown outfit. silly guy. |
![]() |
| More live nativity. |
![]() |
| This little lady worked very hard and diligently to get this snowflake made all by herself. She did such a good job. |
![]() |
| She has a nice playmate in Mathias. And that ends my misc. picture pile of our Christmas vacation. I think Matt probably took more pictures of Christmas but I didn't get those from him before he left for work today. The pictures I'm missing are the ones where we're all sitting down to our very own little Christmas supper and the excited faces around the table. Except Zerricks...he's all about eating NOW and not about picture taking. We had a feast of grilled rib-eyes and other very good things and of course our sparkling juice in goblets. The kids like that tradition above any other I think. It's more fun to have that be a Christmas supper tradition just because they have so much fun with it. Our Christmas Day at the folks was special too, especially as we had spent three hours the night before in the ER with Matt. He had injured his back and wasn't treating it right and his muscles went into spasms. So he was tired and laid around that day a lot. But the kids were able to go sledding for hours on the little dam hill and the boys got to try out there new snowboards they had gotten for Christmas. And since they got the snowboards they're plotting a trip to Idaho. I'm excited about the New Year. We wore 2015 out. We used it fully. God led us through quite a few bumps that no one really sees or knows about but we know. And I think we're coming out stronger and steadier for it all. And in April we will celebrate 15 years of marriage! I just more and more am realizing that I have to treasure the moments and store the memories. We live in a privileged time. God has been kind to us. And now I'm off to conquer the laundry and get ready for a Party till the New Year with the youth tonight. God bless you all in the New Year! |

















Comments