My Jeanie has her monthly fever right now. So that means I'm awake a lot in the night. And any spot I can lay by her and keep her sleeping is a good spot to sleep. So that means by morning my neck feels awfully crinked from laying really still for too long in a weird position.
Matt has been out cleaning away little skiffs of snow and ice for a lot of nights lately. Last night I called him at two am because I was sure he said he'd be home by midnight. I've learned its better to call him and make sure all is well rather than panic over him being dead in a rolled pick up somewhere. Imaginations in the night are very real and vivid if one is a wife and mother and has done the night vigil too often lately.
I read some comments on someones fb post about eating healthy and making all their food in this tiny little kitchen. And one person talked about how they use 100$ per week for grocery for their family of six and grocery meant grocery and household! I felt like hiding my face in shame and then I get all thinking like why can't I do that. And I bet my kids would start to eat rice and beans if that's all I made. After-all its food and good food at that. Our oven has been on the blink for almost a month. The boys think they're going to die soon. The grocery bill certainly hasn't gotten any smaller in the last month. Baking chocolate chip cookies is unnecessary perhaps as far as health but still cheaper and better than the chemical and dollar filled ones in town. And Bread. We go through LOTS of that. I realize that now. So that is why I spend too much more than 100$ a week on grocery and household. Oh and they haven't stopped wearing holes in their jeans so that cost something to keep them clothed too. And growing.....oh my. And eating! Did I mention that?
I have a little boy in second grade. He's pretty bored. Shall I pop him up to third grade and make it hard for him or do I float him along and let him keep learning that it's not necessary to be responsible. I remember trying to sort out my eldest and his school abilities at this age. I toss between guilt for not being a better organized teacher for him and being impatient with him. It wearys me.
Matt left for work late today and three hours later I feel like I haven't seen him for over a week. So I called him just to hear his voice and see what's going on in his life. He answers the phone and I hear laughing and jolly good times going on in the background. So I hang up and shake my head in wonderment. What would it be like to walk out the door and go to "work" and sit down at lunch at a restaurant with your work buddies and relate with adults all day? Wouldn't that be something? Yes, I'm hearing a bit of jealousy too. Hmmm. Next subject perhaps?
I've been working on "getting healthy" ahem. So those awesome, comforting, emotionally attached, coffees I've been having, have had to be eliminated. It's a real struggle. Yesterday I had a small coffee. Very unsatisfactory. I'm looking at cooked carrot recipes and wondering how to make green smoothies and the like. Perhaps I'm going a bit overboard?
The best news that I heard lately is that April had a baby boy! Christian now has a brother right next to him. He's a fat Miller baby. Almost 9 lbs. April is tiny and skinny and she had a big baby! She is on her way home and is tired but hopeful for getting to her new normal. All within 24 hrs. God has been so good to us! I can't wait to meet this latest Skrivseth Grandbaby.
And that's the story of a tired wife and mom and home maker. And Jeanie bops is awake from her short little nap.......(she's not being so quiet about it either). TA TA.....
Comments