This is the week of our birthdays. Matt and I turn 39 this week. He on Wednesday. Me on Sunday. The kids and I had a fun weekend planned for Kansas City and a time away to hang out together and relax and celebrate. But now we hear we are in a Blizzard watch so that means there will be a little snow at least and Matt will be out most the week keeping town lots clean. So we're putting celebrating on hold. But I am still celebrating quietly inside.
Here's why: He and I have had four beautiful children together. He loves them very much. He's the reason for their good looks. He's got a weird sense of humor that makes me cackle at the wrong time and in the wrong places......when I suddenly realize what he really meant. He has a soft heart. He's loyal. He's honest.
His most admirable trait is also one of the hardest traits to love..... He will always look out for the other person, taking time for little old ladies and there roof questions, or being the last one to leave the job and make contact with the homeowner one more time, or being the last one to go through the line at potlucks, or make the first call to see if someone needs help. Honestly, it's not always so fun being last! Bet you couldn't be that honest......
EXCEPT.....college boys who get stuck on our mud road! He'll wait till he knows they're pretty much toast before he meanders out and lets them know " you sir, are stuck". Makes them chew mud a bit long. Hopefully the millions of little college boys will finally figure out that our road is not an ideal road for mudding with their little cars and little pick ups. We did finally get a load of gravel put on the little beginning part of the road that leads to our house! Yea for that.
Another thing he does so nicely for me. He takes my boys to all their dentist appointments. It's out of the kindness of his heart. But it's also because he doesn't really think I'm capable. This is one area I'm okay with being the helpless female. On the other hand, I teach school and wash all those millions of jeans and scrub the three bathrooms in this house. We have a good life together. Real and normal and messy. But good.
 |
| She loves him completely. And when she has her female drama? He's not ever impressed but she doesn't care....she thinks he loves her even then. |
 |
| My very favorite three boys and one man! |
 |
| And that smile. :) |
Comments