Skip to main content

Reality

A week ago we were still in celebtation/ vacation mode.  This day we are in reality.  And reality has truly hit. 
    Funny how fast life can change.  Today  holding a very sick baby girl.  She insists on being out in that dirty dusty Nebraska wind.  And she loves bathes and water.  Wind and water are too things I am to protect her ears from.  Well this week I failed.  Now I am begging God to heal that ear!   She is currently on topical antibiotics and  regular antibiotics.  It's seeping bloody discharge and she has a fever and her and I are both miserable. 
     So  I'm plodding about my day wishing my house was clean and  giving myself talks about happiness is a choice. And don't think negative. And remember you're tired Amy.   It's sort of working.
    Tomorrow's lesson is about the believers relationships.  I've been blown away with the studying of it.  Too much to grasp in one gulp.  But basically God has something in mind for me to learn.  And it's a process.  I hope I can learn it.  But to be truly kind-hearted and tenderhearted. To have a quiet heart. To focus on bringing gain to Gods kingdom and not my own personal gain and selfishness. To stop praying for change in others habits but be willing to change into what He is trying to make of me.  It's really overwhelming and not easy.  A process.  I will keep choosing and praying for joy and courage to change.  So help me God!
      Okay, onward.   Have a good week all who read my blog!  Hee hee! As far as I know it's only two of you.  Pray for me if you think of it.  I'm as fragile as a kitten.

Comments

Danae said…
I thought you should know, I read your blog faithfully. I'm sure your comment was meant to bring the lurkers out, so I'm going to give you that satisfaction. Ha! :) I appreciate your honesty here...I understand the fragile as a kitten thing. Days with newborns are happy days, but I'm quickly weepy and weary from the adjustments and responsibility. Praying for you... He is faithful!
amyjane30 said…
Hi Danaë! What a sweet comment and I will keep you in my prayers as well. New baby time is hard and super good. I know how you feel.
Jenn said…
You feel fragile, but I know you are one tough cookie! I mean that as a total compliment, girlfriend! Chin up! And hope Jeanie is on the mend soon....
Charlotte said…
I read your blog. I think you know that too. :)
On the Hill said…
I'm not sure if I was included in the 'two of em'...but I enjoy reading your blogs...I'm not always sure when you post them...so I might end up reading 2-3 at a time...but I enjoy being part of your little family!! :-) Evie said in her email about wishing to run after little girls again...somehow when they get big and their steps are that much larger it is hard to keep up with them all then too!! :-(
ourlittleheaven said…
I am still hoping to visit you this summer.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....