Margins.
Life needs margins.
And this girl is working on them.
Making margins for time.
Taking Time.
Time for everything but then a margin to give you room for the unplanned.
Margins allow more room to breath.
To be able to enjoy what you're doing on the way there.
When I don't have margins I get to my destination out of breath, no calmness in my soul, and frustrated.
My husband notices.
My kids know.
But what about providing for getting to my destination with awareness?
Being able to see what's around me on the way?
Who knows.
Maybe my destination will change along the way?
So how does one plan and do life with margins practically?
THATS where I am learning!
First I think margins were meant for generosity.
Not for selfishness.
My margin is no good if it's all about me.
My margin needs to be about God and others.
So provide time for God first. Pray. Take time to be holy.
And then be generous.
Give margins to My friends.
And enemies.
Allow them to not always get it right.
Because I don't.
By giving of myself generously to other people, I'm allowing them and
myself a margin of grace.
When I keep it all inside to battle out.
Or when I keep my best treasures to myself they rot and mold.
A treasure is best when it's used.
And then I'm finding the best things of life are more poignant and beautiful
because I was willing to make a margin,.
Comments