I used my thankful posts last summer for my soul, and it really pulled me through a deep funk. And now I'm heading into another summer and the thankful is not a choice as much as it's truly there! I'm so thankful! Not to be redundant but it's amazing to realize and know again that I've got life by the tail and I AM so THANKFUL! Not that life is just perfect. It's not. But the imperfections of life are what help make it beautiful.
Anyhow, my thankful list today.
~ After a morning of nice cool breezes and washing windows at my nieces new to them house, I am enjoying a big deep dark mug of coffee with just the perfect tinge of cream. It feels so rich.
~ This morning I woke up from a delightful deep sleep at 5:45 and was so amazed at sleeping! Sleep is a wonderful thing when one can sleep! Don't take it for granted. I experienced several nights of sleeplessness lately and yes, sleep is wonderful. Just so you know! And so I woke up and Matt went off to work and I laid back into the pillows and pulled the covers high and thanked my God for the luxury! Quite a reverent moment! For real.
~ Today, I watched my four intelligent and good kids be helpful, play, and discover. I observed how they care and interact with people. And I'm amazed and awed. But for the Grace of God where would I and my kids be?
~ Today, I watched a little girl with a very girl heart trouble herself about the place trying to decipher how BOYS could be so mean and really all she wanted was to be assured of her own spot in life. I came home and thought of all the words and hugs I could give her to show her that her identity and success at acquiring love isn't limited to other people. God's love is enough. But put that into a little 7 year old girl language. And to a little seven year old that craves a hug from her mom that she's never going to get. Oh it makes my heart cry! She is so beautiful! I wish I could just sink that into her heart! She is loved! I will pray for opportunity.
~ We've been running to Lincoln several times a week for dentist appointments. I love observing houses and yards in town, and I've been pointing them out to the boys. There is just not much room to be a free county boy in town. So I come home and see my very very large green grassy yard that my almost 13 year old boy is keeping beautiful for us this summer, and I breath deep and sit and memorize. It's just so wonderful. Big old trees shading everything, Young trees growing up behind. A Huge garden plot growing all kinds of things. Plenty of space and plenty of things growing. Plenty of room for mistakes and still more left to share. Chickens pecking around and giving me eggs. Finding robin egg casings in the garden while I weed. Watching my two year old girl bring me a HUGE night-crawler and puuulll it and stretch it and tell me all kinds of things about it. Watching my boys discover a rabbit nest with naked bunnies and a black lab to come up at just the right moment and take care of them all. Hmmm the circle of life!
Anyhow, my thankful list today.
~ After a morning of nice cool breezes and washing windows at my nieces new to them house, I am enjoying a big deep dark mug of coffee with just the perfect tinge of cream. It feels so rich.
~ This morning I woke up from a delightful deep sleep at 5:45 and was so amazed at sleeping! Sleep is a wonderful thing when one can sleep! Don't take it for granted. I experienced several nights of sleeplessness lately and yes, sleep is wonderful. Just so you know! And so I woke up and Matt went off to work and I laid back into the pillows and pulled the covers high and thanked my God for the luxury! Quite a reverent moment! For real.
~ Today, I watched a little girl with a very girl heart trouble herself about the place trying to decipher how BOYS could be so mean and really all she wanted was to be assured of her own spot in life. I came home and thought of all the words and hugs I could give her to show her that her identity and success at acquiring love isn't limited to other people. God's love is enough. But put that into a little 7 year old girl language. And to a little seven year old that craves a hug from her mom that she's never going to get. Oh it makes my heart cry! She is so beautiful! I wish I could just sink that into her heart! She is loved! I will pray for opportunity.
~ We've been running to Lincoln several times a week for dentist appointments. I love observing houses and yards in town, and I've been pointing them out to the boys. There is just not much room to be a free county boy in town. So I come home and see my very very large green grassy yard that my almost 13 year old boy is keeping beautiful for us this summer, and I breath deep and sit and memorize. It's just so wonderful. Big old trees shading everything, Young trees growing up behind. A Huge garden plot growing all kinds of things. Plenty of space and plenty of things growing. Plenty of room for mistakes and still more left to share. Chickens pecking around and giving me eggs. Finding robin egg casings in the garden while I weed. Watching my two year old girl bring me a HUGE night-crawler and puuulll it and stretch it and tell me all kinds of things about it. Watching my boys discover a rabbit nest with naked bunnies and a black lab to come up at just the right moment and take care of them all. Hmmm the circle of life!



Comments