Skip to main content

Catch up

We have been very crazy busy ever since July 4.  It's amazing the things you pack into a summer month.  So I'm catching up on pictures and documenting of our life.  The pictures are completely mixed up but very well.   At least it's documented. 
On Wednesday my friend from days gone by arrived for a three day visit.  She brought with her, her four beautiful daughters and baby boy.  Here we are on a Nebraska evening ride.  She drove the other four wheeler....of which there is a picture of further down. 
Last Sunday we took Rebecca Schlabauch over to Des Moines for her to meet up with her exclusive agriculture class at her Sheraton.  We stopped at a little fountain pond and checked out the geese and tried to get the kids some of their energy worn off.  
While Valita was here she and her girls helped me redecorate my front entry porch.  Her twelve year old daughter sewed the pillow covers for me in a little bit of no time.  
I think it'd been close to 10 years since I'd seen her.  Oh the laughs and cackles and giggles we can still have.  And the good all heart to hearts and tears too.  Old friends are gold. 
This just makes me so happy1 
Valita has been so blessed beyond measure.  Her good man couldn't come along because of work but we got get to know her kids.  What talented good girls.  Violin, Flute, piano, Horse training skills, and sewing and cooking.  Good ladies, these. The little boy is such a happy good boy.  And Valita, loves her babies all very  much.  She's so kind and good to them.  And I know that they have a very good dad, by how they spoke of him......and that baby boy would hear the word daddy and run to the window all excited.  He loves his papa for sure! 
Jeanie bops reading Garfield and letting out a little surprised giggle here and there to make it all authentic. 
At the fountain pond in Des Moines
Yes, I keep putting these front porch pictures up.....sorry can't help it.  I'm just so pleased! 
My eye candy before the front porch decor face lift.  Now I have the real deal so I can take these back to the library! 
I came in from working outside to find these two reading and talking together.  She's especially loved and spoiled. 
Yes I know.....but really.  dontcha love it!!!?
the whole crazy bunch! 
And another.  Except this time with Rebekah.  She spent almost a week with us last week....and took a piece of our hearts with her.  What a good lady! 
First of my summer flowers. 
One of our days with Rebekah. At the Mall....getting our pedicures  and carousel rides.  
This guy with the buggy eyes made us a giant cookie and decorated it for us.  It was good too. 
Here he is with his catch of the day. 
Art project.....thinking ahead.
Another one.
Last night enjoying this little fantasy spot and the puppy theo
Oh yes.  Our fun ride.....
Rebekah went all out on her thank you gift to us.  The card had the sweetest words written....
A night of mini golf and eating out with Rebekah. 
more and more and more and more girls.  and Theo! 
Two tired Adults trying out the selfie thing.  hee hee!  Argh.  I look so old and gray. :) but I kind of like the guy....well more than kinda but anyhow....
skipping rocks and dodging goose poop. 
She points out airplanes now since the airshow on the fourth, 

Comments

Shilah Writes said…
Very lovely indeed! Your porch turned out even better that any ole magazine...It's real comfort...You are most richly blessed.
amyjane30 said…
Ya and the curtains fell today. 😂😥😠
ourlittleheaven said…
Oh dear Amy sorry about the curtain!!! such good memories!!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....