Skip to main content

Our camping trip 2016

We usually take our camping trip in August or September.  Well, this year it was July.  And the very hottest time of the summer ever.  100* kind of hot.  And our camper was in the shop.  So we tented.  I had forgotten how much more work is involved without a camper.  Spoiled American that I am. Instead of a relaxing time away and it being super refreshing it was more like a lot of work and a break away from regular work.  But it was good.  The boys got to fish and we spent long hours in the 52* water and we tubed down the little stretch of water over and over and over again.  And Jeanie got a little more confidence and experience with water.  She's such a big wimp about water.   
Zerrick actually caught a fish from the bridge.  When one is reeling in a fish from way down there one can only hope the hook doesn't slip and that they don't lose their precious trophy.  
These two got to spend more time in the hammock than I did.  boo hoo.  But we took our chances and enjoyed them thoroughly. 
these two kids of mine were up to the starting spot and down to the bottom of the campground so very many times.  All the other people camping there were aware of these two running back and forth and were keeping track of them too.  
The mornings were cool and quiet beside our little clear gurggling stream.  I wished I could soak it in for longer. 
she sat right here and watched a lot.  But got a little more confident and played in it better till the weekend was over. 
Jeanie and I went on a little hike across the bridge and up these steps and looked down over the land! :) 
this was a smashing success.  For once pinterest actually had a workable idea!  We did three loads like this and gobbled it all up.  It was so good! 
These two loved the fresh trout and ate it before the other side was even cooked.  It WAS good though.  I don't blame them. 
She was rather awed with the whole tent thing.  This was our first night and it was HOT in there! 
Zoomed in because he was in the midst of pulling in a 14 inch trout! :) 
Yup.  This is super fun mom! 
Off for another ride! 
He was doing that weird thing with his eyes on purpose to make me understand that it was cold and he had just bravely jumped in.  I  think his words were, "I took a dunk"  gasp and long breath.  And it was still early that morning.  But 100 * air and 52* water.   What else does one do? 
This was another of my camping food successes.  Lunch on Thursday I think.  I tried another idea from Pinterest which i need to perfect now.  It was donuts from a can over the fire.  They were very good but the middle was doughy.  So next time.....
At the top of our little hill looking down.  Keagan is fishing in the river and Zerrick is fishing from the bridge.  
And that's all folks!  We did it!  Camping trip 2016.  Experience and  being with just us  and real river water to play in .  What could be better? 

And school starts next week.  Whaaaaahahaaaa!   Not one of us are ready.  But two weeks after school starts we get a whole entire week off because we're going to Idaho to see my own mom and dad!  And two weeks after that, there will be some relatives from Maryland coming.  And two weeks after that........yes.  we're busy.  

Comments

Shilah Writes said…
Were you Master Chef or was Matt? No wonder it was all work...But it looks like it was fun. If my kids are happy then I am happy...

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....