Jeanie has surprised me. She's very taken with our new ponies! The second day they were here she marched out to the fence and climbed up and over and trotted her little self over to the largest most untrained pony, red hair all around her face, and patted the mare on the tummy and talked with her. Not sure what was said but the pony looked at her kindly and went on eating. The boys quickly got her out. And then tonight we went out for rides and she loved it. She giggles and talks and bounces and laughs. After her ride she went and pick up the lead rope and led the pony all over the place and she let her! This is the pony that is snippy and quick to show all the other horses who's boss. But with Jeanie she's calm and slow and mannerly. I hope this stays true. Because I am amazed and thrilled. And btw, I tried riding this pony twice and I do not like riding! I am not a cowgirl. Maybe I just need more time. Goodness. I'm not scared of a big ole cow but riding a horse is unnerving. Shouldn't there be room for this poor almost 40 year old to not have to learn to ride?! I love how happy it makes my kids though.
Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.
Comments