![]() |
| He's six. SIX mind you! How? |
![]() |
| Since we celebrated on Sunday with the Burkey Clan on Sunday and he had his birthday cake then, we decided to make cupcakes for his real birthday day on Friday. |
![]() |
| The day before his birthday ordered a HUGE pancake for breakfast. So I tried. He reported later that he actually ate all of it. |
![]() |
| April's husband makes some pretty cool kitchen hand carved items, These are the three that I ordered.. They are wonderful. Sturdy and comfortable in my hand. And anyone who works a lot in the kitchen knows how fun it is to have kitchen utensils that are extravagant and quality! And when I loaded this picture on Instagram I wrote that barefoot handcrafted did this for me but please note here it was my phone over auto correcting.... His Instagram profile is indeed bareroot_handcrafted. You must look him up. Shop your Christmas gifts for your mom and wife and sisters from him. He says he'll take any orders, anywhere! |
![]() |
| We have had quite a few natural science adventures in our class room lately. This one we found in the window well and when Keagan happily got a hold of him and pinched his mid section so as not to let him slip loose; it literally was a foot or more in length. And he carried him that way up to me in the dining room. I yelled. The words were in English but they felt French. Ahem. We got the nasty Mr. outside asap. I think the boys felt I was maybe a little to exclamatory. But really....where's the limit to creatures in the house? Last fall it was a snake. This is a little better huh? Oh and did I tell you the nasty trick I played on Zerrick? I was so mean. I found a little baby snake in the window well so I nabbed it and put it in the bottom of my empty coffee cup I had in my hand and then offered him a sip of coffee. He was almost offended that I did that. I actually regretted it later.....He really really really can't do snakes. So ya, it was disrespectful to him. I think he forgave me by now though. And lesson learned here was that kids and moms are always learning together to respect each other with our humors and fears. At least in this house. |
![]() |
| And yes. This. Maybe I won't say where we found this one. But it's outside now. Keagan tells me that he hopes the dog didn't kill it. He thought a lot of this one and wanted to keep it. I allowed him to keep it alive and even sent it outside in a nice glass jar. Best ride that spider will ever get. |
![]() |
| His Sunday School teachrer made these for him. Thank you Darla! |
![]() |
| We're enjoying this fleeting fall stuff as fast as we can! |
![]() |
| This is what my 13 yr. old son deemed a good answer. Makes sense right?! |
![]() |
| Here he is. These little ponies have been nothing but fun and blessing to us. |
![]() |
| Guess what his birthday gift was? Cowboy hat and boots, of course! He is thrilled. And that's all for now. I'm off to tackle the never ending cleaning and laundry. And the weather is perfect.....I have to hurry so I go out and play a little today. |











Comments