Skip to main content

Home School 100's Party

 Our homeschool families have been working on collectively collecting a certain amount of good grades.  Striving for exellence is our theme this year in our little class room so this is one of our incentives.  So our first party was Tuesday.  The weather was perfect and the turn out was good!  Altogether I think the day was a smashing success.   Our Schedule included, build your own pizzas, a couple team building games, crafts for the littles, soccer for the bigs, and of course they played and talked and giggled and played all over the whole 7 acres.  


This is Gwen's first year with home school group.
I think she liked it! 
And Lydia is in first grade as well.

We had 8 moms altoghether.  and the kids from 0-7 numbered 17!


Dani!  She's a sweet little giggle girl. 
Helping the kids build those pizzas.




And there were 14 kids 8 and above,  We had the littles
build their pizza's first and then the big kids.  I was just going to
make a big one for them but I found out they had it figured out
better than I about what they wanted on them.  
The finished products baking away. 



I think every time we get together for home school group we all go away with contented sighs.  These kids play well together and we moms get such a boost from each other.  Just having other moms to ask advice from and taking home each other's care and support is so helpful!  We are mom's and we get tired and some days are HARD.  So we need each other.
The cup system working it's magic again!
A few of my brothers have called me crazy in the
past but this system works.   
What would we do with out this deck?  So handy.



And so many kids!  
 And the kids need each other as well.  And I don't think I'm being prejudiced when I say they play so well together.  They are super competitive but incorporate the littles into their big kid games and age is relative in this group.

Also, we haven't had home school group activities for a couple years and so we're all feeling positive having gotten a new year kicked off with a home school activity.  
















 We are so privileged to have friends for our kids to play with.   And they're growing up so fast.  Look at this post of our scavenger hunt from three years ago! http://amyjane30.blogspot.com/2013/10/todays-fun.html
And thank you all for coming and helping with the fun!
And I see now that my link won't work and this whole post is messy.  It's documented for me at least.
  

Comments

Shilah Writes said…
That was not a mess at all and I love this post. You have a very good thing going there. Do not be ashamed!
On the Hill said…
So maybe this is part of the boost that you were wishing you could have the other week on FB! Glad you had a good day! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

In My Worship Place

Last time I posted I mentioned being in a quiet spot.      It's curious to me how one can be in a quiet spot internally but super busy externally and then be in a quiet season externally but Internally be in a season of seeking and crying and lonely.      Zerrick and Susanna's reception in our yard is over and my many siblings showing up for us was a cherry on top.   It felt like a relaxed good reception and I spent most of it watching people and listening in on little groups of chatter.      And then the twelve hours with my siblings on Saturday.  God worked it out so I could have tiny little snitches of chat that I could be assured that I got the most of the gift of them even being here.        We all stood around and prayed and cried and sobbed together for a short time before Bruce's left.  Healing.  I still feel emotional about it.  And now it's qu...

A few things...

Okay, I have a whole pile of pictures I'm going to post one of these days. In the mean time....a few more questions to add to my last post.... 1. What do people mean when they say things like, " He/she spoke peace/ blessing/ love/truth or whatever into my heart? How does one get truth spoke into ones heart by another person? Okay, now I expect to hear someone defend themselves for saying this or else clarify to me why it sounds so off the wall......no reading this w/out some input! 2. What else? I was asking about what does it mean to have deeper relationship w/ God. So everyone said ya that's a good thing to desire. Here's my thought. You either have a relationship w/ God or you don't. So then who decides if it's a deeper relationship than....see how can you know? Can you compare? That won't work because God doesn't work like that....putting us on brackets of who is most spiritual. The only way you can use the term in having a deeper relationship w/ Go...

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.