The weekend before Thanksgiving, we took a break from it all and headed to Kansas. Matt had a snow plow to pick up in Wichita and I have a niece in Hesston. So we just took the whole weekend. After the plow was picked up we found a nice hotel in Wichita and walked the river walk and ate at Old Chicago. Downtown Wichita is beautiful but sad. There are a lot of homeless sitting and sleeping in the old archways of old buildings. The homeless shelters and food kitchens are down there. But still with all the programs to help, it looked pretty sad. Sometimes I wish I could go to these places and individually give these people tangible purpose and tools to raise themselves up and out. It's not that easy. But reach out where you can people.
The river walk was pretty and amazing at sunset. I wish we could've stayed longer. Hesston Campus on Sunday was fun to tour and walking the arboretum in the afternoon was neat. And we got to meet Cheri's Abe. On Monday we went to see the Cosmosphere and what a museum packed with too much information for us to take in! And it was a little too old for the littles to understand. But it was a fun good weekend. Everyone should pack up and get away now and again.
Comments