Last weekend Matt and I celebrated our 40th birthdays. Combined, we have 80 years of experience. And wisdom. Haha! Watch out world! Jk.
To celebrate our birthdays we had overnight sitters and a romantic bed and breakfast reserved. And out to eat at the Brazilian Grill. Every one of those places were very over rated and over priced. And I woke up Saturday morning with a nasty head virus. So we came home and I concluded that 40 can only get better from here.
A few facts:. An older person has time to give things time. I was talking to an older wiser person the other day and they said give it time. And I realized they knew from experience that time is important. But I wanted to look at them cross eyed and explain how we don't have time. But Im pretty sure they're right. They have time to give life time. I'm going to be that way when I grow up.
I was talking with a dear friend this week. She mentioned that secrets have no power when they're no longer secrets. Yes! I hate secrets. They're only for the devious and hateful. And when I have to keep my life a secret I am allowing the devious into my life. So glad she reminded me.
We (Matt and I) have some of the very best friends anywhere. A whole pile of them threw a surprise party for us last week! We basked in their care of us and their encouragement
God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
God bless.
Comments
Yup, time!!
To say the least our days are full. But we sure do enjoy the time God has given us - you do too.
R